Chapter 72

When Lisa called Jungkook, she had already taken a taxi and arrived at the police station. The sky was dark and the air was clear which made her entire body seem to be shrouded in a gloomy chilliness. She walked up the steps to the police station and soon saw Jungkook appear at the top end of the stairs with a mobile phone in his hand.

"Let's talk after we get in." When Jungkook looked at her frail yet energetic figure, he felt a pain in his heart as he pulled her into his arms.

Right now, all the criminal police officers were out on patrol but Jungkook had returned to the office to report their progress to the Station Chief, after which he had decided to take a nap. The criminal police unit's huge office was empty, so Jungkook led Lisa along and made her sit down on the sofa. Then, he poured her a cup of warm water and held her hand. "You can start talking."

Lisa had far less experience in solving crimes compared to Jungkook, especially when it came to the investigation of a crime scene, which was the most crucial part of their job. Both Jungkook's sharp senses and his experienced logic was more developed than hers. However, with only a few traces left at the crime scenes and since the murderer had committed crimes seemingly randomly, it would be difficult to investigate this case using their normal techniques. On the other hand, Lisa's psychological deduction would not be affected or restricted.

Lisa nodded and began, "Over the past few days, I constantly imagined myself in the shoes of a perverted killer to figure out what he was thinking and started having some strange thoughts..."

When she said this, Jungkook could not help but avert his gaze to look at her stomach. Nevertheless, she ignored this and she quickly picked up a pen and paper. She started drawing rapidly while she spoke.

"First of all, in the past three months, something huge must have happened to the murderer."

"This is because we have gone through all the cases that had occurred in the past few years and there isn't any similar missing person incident. This proves that Sunmi is the first victim."

"There are always reasons behind each choice a person makes, even if they aren't obvious, they will still be subconscious at the very least. The reason why the murderer chose this time to start committing crimes must be because there had been some changes in his life."

"There are many possibilities as to what this change could be - it could be love, health, career, or an accident... Regardless of what it is, we can figure out the answer based on his behavior."

Jungkook nodded solemnly while Lisa continued, "We have previously concluded that the murderer has a strong desire to establish close relationships with the victims. However, why does he like this type of victims?"

"The reason why he had this desire must be due to something that he lacked. What are the common characteristics of the victims that deeply attracted him?"

"Young and beautiful? Could the murderer be old, ugly and feel inferior about himself? No. If so, he could have chosen simpler victims, such as younger students who could be deceived more easily as compared to white-collar workers;"

"The victims had too many more remarkable features. Firstly, they had either just graduated or be graduating soon. Both of them carried excellent qualifications and their futures seemed boundless; their wonderful career and life had only just started while their futures looked bright. Secondly, look..."

Lisa took out both victims' photos taken during their everyday life and laid them out. "Don't you think they look more energetic and youthful as compared to ordinary people?"