Chapter 9

still not studying culture 

Texting Harry is literally Louis' favourite thing to do and the best part is that they text literally all day already for 2 weeks. It's like back when they talked on the dating app only now Harry knows that's it's Louis,... and minus the flirting.

They haven't met up yet which makes Louis sad a bit, but he understands. Harry mainly meets up with Eleanor. They are still not officially together yet, but Louis is sure that it will be the case very soon.

He allowed Eleanor to talk about their relationship a week ago. It's a step of the process to get over Harry. If he can't accept the fact that he is happy with her, he will never get over him and he really has to. He has never seen Eleanor this happy. He is jealous, but he is also a better person than Eleanor so he'll get over it.

But today Harry hasn't texted him yet and Louis still feels a bit too insecure to start the conversation himself. He blames it on the good weather though. It's the end of June and it's around 30 degrees which is boiling for England. Harry has probably found a pool somewhere to cool down. And right on time Louis feels something vibrate in his back pocket.

Harry: What are you doing shorty?

Louis: Give me a break, I'm big!

Louis: and nothing actually. I'm working but there is literally no one here. I guess people don't fancy coffee when they are literally melting.

Harry: well then you better start to work now.

And right then Louis hears the annoying sound of the bell of the coffeeshop, warning him that someone just entered.

"What's up, Tommo?" Harry jumps on one of the stools like he did the first time and he gives Louis a sweet smile.

Harry's smile makes Louis melt literally more than the boiling sun outside.

"I'm good, man. What are you doing here? Shouldn't you find a place where the aircon is working?" Louis jokes.

"You're off in half an hour, aren't you?"

"I am." Louis nods. "Want a drink?"

"the salted caramel chocolate, please."

"Hazza, it's a billion degrees outside. We do have soft drinks if you want to, or water, ice coffee,..."

"It's never too hot for hot chocolate, Tomlinson. So go make it, I'm a waiting costumer." Harry teases, making Louis roll his eyes.

"So you came here for the hot chocolate then?" Louis asks while preparing the beverage. "I thought you just missed me."

"I'm not here for the hot chocolate, it's just a big bonus. And I did miss you. That's why I'm inviting you to a pool party."

Louis' eyes are lighting up because yes Harry is here to invite him and his heart is beating out of his chest.

Way to get over your crush, Tomlinson.

"A pool party. And I was thinking I was one of your only friends here." Louis jokes. "And here you are getting invites for people's pool parties."

"You are. It's a friend of Niall's girlfriend. She said everybody can come. We can invite your friends as well if you want to if it makes you feel more comfortable..." Harry sounds really insecure and Louis shakes his head.

"No, no let's not do that. Those two are probably on a date anyway like every single fucking day. God, they are too romantic it makes me sick. I'd like to join you. Is El coming as well?"

"No." Harry says shortly. "She's not. We don't have to spend every single second together." He sounds really annoyed and it makes Louis feel bad.

"I'm sorry for asking, I just assumed..." he murmurs, giving Harry his drink.

"It's alright. I shouldn't have snapped. It's just... No I'm not talking to you about it. You are her best friend. I'm sorry."

"I'm your friend too." Louis says way too quickly. "I mean... yeah El and I are friends but we are close as well aren't we?" Louis' blue eyes are connecting with Harry's green ones and the younger boy smiles, nodding.

"We are. You're a really good friend. It's just that she expects too much." Harry sighs. "I mean, we aren't even dating yet and she already claims me. I know this sounds stupid but it's like she is another person than the one I met online."

You couldn't sound less stupid, Harry.

"What do you mean?" Louis starts to get nervous and he just takes a cloth and starts cleaning the counter out of nervousness.

"When we started talking she was really funny and open minded. We joked all the time and she was like this free spirit. We had this amazing connection. I don't really feel it now that we are dating in real life. It's like she is this whole different person."

And Louis feels bad, really bad. He doesn't really know what he has to answer because he has never seen Eleanor as happy as she is now and Louis really wants to be a good friend.

It's not like he can have Harry more than a friend anyway.

"Just give her some time. It's hard to adjust. She has come out of a really toxic relationship. Give her a chance. I'm sure she'll open up to you."

Harry gives Louis a sweet smile.

"You're a good friend, Louis. To me and to her. You're an amazing person."

And Louis really wants to change subject because he doesn't really see himself as an amazing person but more as someone who wants to make up for catfishing the most amazing person in the world by using his best friend's picture. And if Eleanor gets heart broken because of this whole situation Louis dragged her into, he won't forgive himself.

"Should we pass my flat then now? It's not like any costumers will come. I can close. I need swim stuff though."

"That's alright. I'm excited Louis." And Harry puts his arm around Louis' shoulder. "Glad we finally have time to hang out."