Chapter 13

Last one for today bcs I LOVE YOU ALL AND I WONT LET YOU SLEEP LIKE THAT OK!

"Louis!"

Louis tumbles to the back when the curly boy falls in his arms, hugging Louis tightly.

"Thank god you opened the door. I'm so sorry for ditching you, Louis. I promise I'll never do that again. I'm here, okay. I'm not ditching you. Stop being angry with me, please." Harry isn't crying but he is on the edge and Louis feels bad.

He rubs the younger boy on the back as he is talking.

"I'm not angry at you, silly. I couldn't be angry with you for that. Why are you so worried, Hazza?"

"You didn't answer." Harry's lip trembles. "And you always answer immediately and it just really scared me because you are my best friend and I don't want to lose you."

"Hey, Hazza calm down. You're not losing me. It's alright, I'm here." Louis holds Harry closer to him. "I was just playing videogames. Haven't you seen the last message I sent you?"

Harry shakes his head and he takes his phone out of his pocket, reading the last one. He starts to blush and puts his phone away.

"God, I'm pathetic. If you didn't hate me already then you think I'm a freak now, don't you?" Harry hides his face in his hands. "I'm always way too clingy."

"I like clingy." Louis smiles, rubbing Harry's arm. "And remove those hands, remember Hazza, pretty face." Louis tries to lighten the mood and he sees that it helps when Harry starts to smile, removing his hands from his face.

And Louis has a lot of questions. He wants to know why Harry reacted like this because this isn't a normal reaction if someone just doesn't answer his phone. But it's not a question for now. Harry is smiling again and that's literally Louis' life goal, making him smile, and he is not going to ruin that by asking any questions.

"Do you want a drink or are you going back to El?" Louis asks, slowly letting go of Harry.

"Can I have some water please? I can't really go back to El..." Harry mumbles. Louis raises his eyebrow.

"Why?"

"I told her I felt too sick for date night?" he says with an innocent voice.

"Lying on your first day of being in a relationship, bad Haz." Louis teases as he fills a glass with water.

"You didn't answer and I freaked out!" Harry reasons. "I couldn't enjoy date night thinking my best friend is angry with me. That just doesn't work."

And this is already the second time that Harry calls Louis his best friend and it makes Louis feel so important. He likes to play an important role in Harry's life. It's maybe not the role he wants but he'll take anything if he can be close to Harry.

"Don't worry, Haz. I won't tell her anything" Louis says handing over the glass.

"Congratulations." Harry smiles.

"What? Why?"

"You didn't drop the glass." Harry smirks.

And Louis takes the first pillow he can find and throws it at Harry's face.

"Why so violent, Lou!" Harry whines.

"Aw, does little Hazza have auwie?" Louis teases.

"You're mean." Harry pouts, crossing his arms.

"You'll get over it."

"I will, after my revenge."

And a loud gasp leaves Louis' mouth when Harry jumps on top of him on the couch, starting to tickle him.

"Harry, no please! Hahaha, Harry stop! Hazza, no, I, HAHAHHAHAHA!" tears are rolling down Louis' face for the billionth time today, but this time of laughter.

"Hey, Lou! I forgot my walle..." Zayn stops midsentence as he enters the apartment, seeing his best friend lying under some guy he has never seen before. Harry immediately jumps off Louis and Louis fixes his shirt that crawled up when Harry was tickling him.

"Oh, hi Zayn." Louis smiles. "This is Harry. Harry, this is Zayn." Louis introduces the two.

"Hi, mate! Nice to meet you." Zayn stretches his arm and Harry looks unsurely at the large hand in front of him.

He only shakes it because he is polite but he can't help but look Zayn up and down.

"Here's your wallet, Zaynie." Louis smiles.

Harry's face cringes immediately when he hears the nickname.

"Thanks. I'll see you." Zayn walks over to Louis and pulls him in a tight hug so he can whisper something in his ear.

"He is watching us. I can literally feel his eyes burning in my back, Lou. Go get your man. He's hot."

And Louis leaves the hug with a pair of red cheeks and he looks at the floor, making Harry's jaw even clench more.

Does Louis like this boy?

And the second Zayn has left again, Harry decides to just ask that question.

"You and that Zayn guy are close." He observes.

"Yeah, yeah we are." Louis smiles. "One of my best friends. He's a good one."

"Good looking as well. Tattoos, tanned skin, nice hair,... Do you like him?"

Harry's voice sounds bitter but the oblivious person Louis is, he doesn't notice.

"Of course I like him, Harry! He is one of my best friends." Louis chuckles.

And that's really not the answer that Harry wanted to hear.

"I should go back to my flat. It's getting late and I'm not planning to sleep over again."

Harry's harsh tone catches Louis by surprise.

"Alright, I guess..." Louis mumbles. "Do you have your car back already?"

Harry shakes his head.

"I can drive you home if you want to? Nobody should roam the streets of London alone at night..."

"I'm an adult, Louis thank you but no."

And Louis thinks that Harry is acting really odd and he doesn't like it. He doesn't want Harry to leave like this and he is trying to think what could have possibly happened for his mood to change like this.

He literally attacked Louis with hugs when he arrived, they joked, tickled, and then...

Zayn came over.

When Harry wants to leave Louis' apartment, Louis grabs him by the wrist.

"You do know that I like you too, right?" He whispers, looking straight into Harry's eyes to make himself more believable. "I do know Zayn longer but that doesn't mean that he means more to me. You mean pretty much to me in such a short amount of time, Harry Styles."

And Harry's look softens and his lips that were in a line curl up now, blushes appearing on his cheeks.

"I've overreacted again, didn't I?" Harry mumbles, turning around and closing the door behind him.

"That's okay, Haz. You're an emotional person. Do you want to talk about it?"

Harry sighs.

"The most important people in my life always leave me. I don't want you to be one of them and it makes me kind of clingy and jealous I guess."

And Louis feels instantly bad for the guy because he knows how it is to be alone and to be left. He pulls Harry in a bone crushing hug.

"I'm not planning on leaving you, curly. The contrary actually. What do you think if I help you move in tomorrow? At least if you still want to be my roomie?"

And Harry's eyes are shining brighter than the sun and he nods enthusiastically.

"I'd really like that, Lou."