Chapter 23

Last one for today I think.

There is literally more electricity going through Louis' body than outside the lightning. He literally feels like he is in heaven, only from a one second touch.

Because that's when Louis pushed Harry away from him.

"This is wrong, Haz. We can't do this. You are with Eleanor and she is my friend. I'm seeing Luke. This is in so many aspects so fucking wrong." Louis bites his lip.

Does he want to kiss Harry? Yes. For the rest of his fucking life. But he will not get into this while Harry is still dating and he himself is seeing someone. Louis is not a cheater nor participates in cheating activities.

And Louis can't describe the look on Harry's face but the younger boy takes some distance.

"This is not bad, Louis. It was just to comfort you, nothing more. Don't act like we are cheating or something. It's not like I'm gay. This meant nothing. It was a comfort kiss. You can't even count it as a kiss. It was barely a second."

And if Louis' heart wasn't already broken, it is now.

I'm not gay, this meant nothing.

"I guess you are right." Louis tries to fight his tears and the lump in his throat. "Anyway, you can go now. The storm is gone and I'm tired." Louis turns away from Harry and grabs his blanket, pulling it over himself.

"I can stay here, Louis it's alright. We're not going to let that small peck come in between our friendship right?"

Small peck.

Friendship.

Auwtsch.

"Just because I'm tired doesn't mean I'm angry. I want to sleep. Harry, go please. Thank you for being here and listening to me but I want to be alone now."

"Louis..."

"Good night."

Louis turns off the light and when he hears Harry close the door of his rooms, Louis lets out all of his tears. Because he knows that Harry felt the same. He could feel it when their lips touch. He could see it in his eyes and he just understands from the younger boy's behaviour. Harry wants to be close all the time and now he finally got the balls to kiss him, and Louis stopped him. Louis can see right through Harry's defence.

You did good, Louis. You are not a cheater and you are not a relation wrecker. If Harry feels the same for you he will leave Eleanor.

Louis is planning to talk to Luke on the end of the weekend. He is going to tell him honestly that there is no future for them. Louis just can't be with someone when his heart belongs to someone else, even though right now they can't be together. He hopes that Harry will get the hint and he does the same to Eleanor. He doesn't want to disrespect his friend by stealing her boyfriend, but he feels that there is nothing wrong to be with Harry when they broke up.

Eleanor also decided to get with Harry knowing that Louis liked him as well. She doesn't have a reason to be angry then. Louis is trying to be as selfless as possible, but if Harry loves him too and he breaks up with Eleanor, Louis will not let him go and Eleanor has to understand that just like Louis had to deal with the fact that Harry chose her first.

And Louis can't sleep. His heart and brain are overworking and when he hears the thunder again he can't close an eye for sure. He knows that he can't just go to Harry's room now. The boy is probably asleep because it's already 3 PM and Louis literally kicked him out off his room.

But then he hears his door opening and he sees a figure in the door frame.

"I know you wanted to sleep but the thunder woke me up and I wanted to check if it did you as well. I can stay here if you want during the storm. If you don't want to then..."

"I want to." Louis interrupts. "I'm sorry I kicked you out. It was all a bit overwhelming. But please come here." Louis moves aside and makes room for Harry. The younger boy immediately crawls into the bed again and grabs Louis by the waist, his hand caressing his back.

"I'll try to stay awake but if I fall asleep you can kick me out again." Harry whispers.

"I'm not going to kick you out. I'm tired as well, let's sleep yeah?"

"Can you? Aren't you too scared? Do you want to do something? I don't know?"

"Just hold me. You make me feel safe. I'll be able to fall asleep."

"Louis?" Harry whispers.

"Yeah?"

"I'm sorry about the kiss. Not that it happened, but about the circumstances it did." Harry whispers.

"I know, baby. I'm going to end things with Luke after the weekend." Louis announces. He doesn't know why he feels the need to tell Harry, but he does.

And even though the room is dark, he can see the boy smile.

"Are you?"

"Yes."

"Why?"

"You're smart, Harry. Think about it." Louis indirectly confesses his feelings.

He can feel Harry's grip around him getting tighter.

"I'm confused." Harry admits.

"About what?"

"My relationship with El."

Louis can feel his heart beat faster and faster.

"What confuses you then?"

"I fell harder for the person she was online as the one she is in real life. It sounds so stupid because she is the same person but... I know you have been telling me to give her a chance but we keep fighting about stupid stuff and she is really possessive. I don't like it, Louis. I don't feel comfortable around her. But on the other hand I also don't want to give up because the thing we had going on online was just so fucking beautiful."

"I'm sorry you are confused, Hazza. Honestly I can't give you advice anymore. If it's meant to be it will be, right?"

"Right. Was your first boyfriend the reason that you knew you were into guys?"

And that question totally comes out of the blue and now Louis is sure his heart is going to beat out of his chest.

"Yeah, yeah he was." Louis confesses. "He guided me as well, told me that it was alright because your heart choses the person for you and not your brain, eyes, family, friends or whatever. It's your heart that tells you that this is the person you want to be with I was very scared at first but he made me feel safe and told me that it was alright to be scared of something new but also that he was proud that I was trying to embrace my true feelings"

"He was already an angel then before he died."

Louis can feel hot tears going over his cheeks. He hasn't talked about him in such a long time and it honestly feels so good to share this with Harry.

"Yeah, yeah he was."

"You know that you are mine, right?" Harry asks softly, pecking Louis' forehead.

"What?"

"The one that guides me andmakes me feel safe. You are my angel on this earth