Hallowed 16

Detective Hoseok had been staring at his computer screen for a long time as he continued to glare at the picture of the man that had his blood boiling.

"Jeon Jungkook." He uttered his name for the nth time as if doing so would equate to pain on the man himself. He didn't want to forget his name, not until he's already dead.

His fist clenched as he scrolled through the man's profile once more. There was nothing out of ordinary nor suspicious that could help in strengthening his claims.

Hoseok needed a conclusive evidence to make sure that this man wouldn't get the chance to dodge the bullet coming his way.

As of now, issuing a warrant of arrest just from a voice from a mere recorded conversation would only lead to nothing.

"Fuck!" Hoseok hissed as he stopped scrolling.

Nothing was working his way and things just got even more frustrating. He knew who the killer is, yet he could not do anything.

"Not yet." Detective Hoseok murmured as he thought of Yoongi and his motivation to do better bloomed once more.

His eyes started reading every detail about Jungkook again and again while he raked his brain for something.. a clue maybe.

There were no registered parents, for he was an orphan. No siblings. No noted relatives in the family registry.

He didn't get to finish high school as he started working as a cleaner in a cafè at the age 16. He also worked as a baker. Then, a driver for a liquor company after a few years.

"So he's an all rounder, huh?" Hoseok gritted his teeth as he tried to get something that could be of any use.

However, there's none.

"Fuck!" He cursed as he let his back hit the backrest of his chair.

He contemplated for a long time before going back to search the orphanage where Jungkook used to be part of.

Agape: Home of Angels

Hoseok had already searched it a while ago, and he already knew that it was no longer operating after a fire broke out and burned down half of the place.

There were casualties of that fatal event, and Jungkook so happened to be one of the few survivors.

"Lucky bastard." Hoseok murmured, reading the article over and over again when his brain started functioning at the sight of the date mentioned.

His fingers quickly moved to search on their database for anything that might have occurred on the same day.

August 1, 2013

There were few hits, but nothing could really be connected to the case.

"Fuck!" He hissed once more, feeling frustrated.

"I'm getting dumb." He uttered to himself as he tried changing the month to September, a month after the fire broke out.

Few cases appeared and one had Hoseok jumping back to stare at the screen for a long time.

The case involving that of the killer. His very first kill which marked the beginning of a series of deaths.

Hoseok opened the file and revealed the death of Kristina Jordan, a registered nurse who was found dead on September 2, but based on the findings, she died around 9-11 pm of September 1, 2013.

Her hands were missing a few fingers, and her forehead had the triangle mark from the killer. A stab on her neck was the cause of death.

Hoseok continued to read further until a smirk formed on his lips.