Prologue

As the rain poured hard, so is the stench of blood that painted the pavement bright red.

Raw.

Metallic.

Intoxicating.

The scent could have driven anyone to hide in a corner while trembling in fear.

Anyone, but not him.

He, who caused the death of the man as he stabbed him multiple times until he's satisfied.

He, who's smiling wickedly while tracing down his bloodied hand on his face, loving the rousing scent of fresh blood that lingered on his skin.

He, whose hands are dirtied from all his sins.

The scream of the victims while begging for their lives to be spared excites him.

The look of terror on their faces and the tears flowing down their mortified eyes exalt him.

Having their lives at his mercy makes him feel worshipped and glorified.

As he bent down to grab and pull the knife out of the man's chest, his eyes lingered down the drops of blood mixing and vanishing with the heavy rain.

It's fascinating how the rain could easily cover up the crime he committed.

Without anyone noticing...

"What did you do to him?"

The sudden eruption of voice rang on his ear, making him grip hard on the sharp knife in his hands.

His murderous eyes darted at the end of the alleyway where the voice came from.

There stood a figure of a child, a curious little one who doesn't have any idea what awaits him.

"Why don't you come closer and see?" his voice was soft and playful, contradicting the evil grin across his face, hidden by the hood of his now soaked jacket.

His grip tightens in excitement as the child came closer, little by little.

"Is that blood on his chest?" the child asked, moving closer to his own doom.

"You think so? Why don't you come closer, so you'll see even more?" he asked in return, hiding his trembling hand, not from fear but from excitement.

He could already imagine the stench of blood coming from the child with every step, making him go even more insane than he already is.

The flickering light coming from the nearby lamppost illuminated the child's face, full of innocence.

Innocence that he never experienced.

"Did you kill him?" the child asked, seeing the man's open chest and the raw blood that gushed out of his wounds.

"Yes."

This short answer made the child look up, only to see the man leaning his face closer, smiling viciously.

"I killed him." he whispered, lifting up the sharp knife in front of the child.

"I killed him with this." he proudly uttered, inching the knife closer to the child's face.

"Why?" the child asked as he stared at the knife almost pressing on his skin.

"Why not?"

----------

Note: This story will be written and narrated in English.
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author of this story. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any previously copyrighted material. No copyright infringement is intended.
Content Warning: Mature|R-18