Hallowed 12

Taehyung thought he's normal.

He was convinced that it's alright not to feel happy when a new toy was given to him or when his parents would read him books and kiss him to sleep.

That it's normal not to be sad when their dog, Summer, died one afternoon when his brother and him were out playing in the park or when his brother fell down the stairs and broke his arm.

He thought he's normal.

Not until his parents died in a car crash when he was seven and saw his brother bawl his eyes out as he cried nonstop during their burial.

Other people around him were also crying, some have the same look on their faces which resembled that of sadness.

All the while, Taehyung just stood by his brother's side, watching tears fall down his eyes.

Yet in the end, he didn't feel anything.

He was too young back then, but that was not an excuse. He was advanced than the rest of his classmates of the same age. His awareness and consciousness had been sharpened and developed regardless of his age.

Like an old man trapped inside a body of a child. He may look innocent, but he's already aware of his surroundings.

Taehyung understood his parents died and didn't just sleep soundly.

He knew they're never coming back.

Yet, he felt nothing.

Was he normal?

Taehyung learned he's not.

In his early age, he was made aware of his shortcomings, his so called 'uniqueness'. But even learning about it didn't make him feel anything.

His brother became his vessel of emotions that he could not fill in himself.

Taehyung learned to accept that he's not normal.

Until he met Jungkook in that fatal night that made him feel like after all he's normal.

He strayed out of the house that night and followed a limping cat he saw walking past their house.

Not to help it, but because of the blood he saw coming out of its wound. He lost sight of it, but that didn't stop him from searching until it started raining.

He wasn't bothered by the rain nor the darkness on the street as he stopped in an alley where a man on a hood was continuously stabbing his already bloodied knife on the man's chest.

And next to the man was the cat Taehyung saw limping earlier, now lifeless with its open chest on sight for his eyes to feast on.

However, Taheyung's focus was on the man being stabbed as his blood flowed from his now soaked clothes.

"Did you kill him?" He asked, seeing the man's open chest and the raw blood that gushed out of his wounds.

"Yes."

This short answer made Taehyung look up, only to see the man leaning his face closer, smiling viciously.

He's older than Taehyung, probably in his teens, but the look on his face made him older.

"I killed him." The man whispered, lifting the sharp knife in front of him.

"I killed him with this." He proudly uttered, inching the knife closer to Taehyung's face.