Hallowed 4

"Why didn't you call me?" Jin asked as he stared at Taehyung for a long while.

"When matters like that happen, you should immediately call me, Taehyung." He reiterated, cupping Taehyung's face.

He received a call from the police, confirming Taehyung's alibi during the time the crime was committed.

"Do you even know how worried I was after receiving a call from the police? I thought something bad happened to you." He uttered, face looking so troubled.

"I'm sorry." Taehyung responded, staring at his brother's eyes.

He heard him sigh as he squeezed his cheeks.

"I don't want this to happen again, okay?" Jin said to which Taehyung nodded his head in response.

He felt his brother's hand on his head, ruffling his hair a little before standing and heading for the kitchen.

"I'll prepare our dinner." Jin said, leaving Taehyung still seated on the couch.

As he was left alone, Taehyung looked at his phone, browsed the contacts, stopping on Jimin's.

He stood and went out of the apartment, carefully closing the door behind to avoid making a noise.

It was already dark outside with nothing but the moon serving as the light that illuminated the dark sky.

The cool breeze of nighttime blew on his face as he leaned on the railings with the scenery of the distant faint lights from the towering buildings welcomed him.

He turned his attention on his phone once more and dialed the number plastered on the screen.

Few rings and finally his call was answered.

"Taehyung? What's going on?" Jimin asked from the other line.

"Can't believe you're actually calling me." He said in surprise.

This has never happened before. It's always him calling Taehyung and not the other way around.

"Are you the killer, Jimin?" Taehyung asked without second thoughts.

"What?!" Jimin exclaimed, almost choking at his words.

"Is this some kind of a prank call?" He laughed.

"You're not?" Taehyung asked which earned an exclaim from the other.

"Of course not!" Jimin said, not believing he's being asked such a question.

"What made you think I'll do something like that? I hated the girl, but I'm no killer." Jimin admitted to which Taehyung just replied with a short 'okay'.

"Wait. Is that it?" Jimin said with humor in his voice.

"Yeah." Taehyung shortly responded before ending the call, cutting whatever Jimin was about to say.

What made him doubt Jimin?

Taehyung stared at the fascinating lights that seemed to look like stars decorating the night sky. He's staring yet his mind is somewhere far away.

Maybe he's just thinking of unnecessary things, but after seeing the photo of the victim, he suddenly remembered the conversation he had with Jimin in the elevator the other day.

When the latter told him he would cut Yeri's tongue out to make her stop spreading rumors about him.

It may just be a coincidence, could even be unrelated to the case, but Taehyung just suddenly remembered that there was another man with them during that time.