Hallowed 19.5

Special Chapter: A Detective's Judgment (A FLASHBACK of Detective Hoseok's Entrapment Plan)

Detective Hoseok held his phone tightly as he listened to the killer's recorded voice over and over again.

There's no mistaking it.

Jeon Jungkook, the man living only a block away from the Kims, has the same voice.

"It could only be him." Hoseok uttered, eyes fixated on the ceiling as he contemplated for the necessary action he had to make in order to catch him and produce concrete evidence.

"What's his goal?" He whispered, mind working on the possibilities.

There were two things he started to consider, one being revenge, and the other... alliance.

Revenge seemed to be a probable reason for Jungkook to appear and approach Taehyung again after a long time.

However, a lot of things couldn't justify the said hypothesis.

"If he's after Taehyung to kill him, why isn't he making any move? Why wait?" Hoseok thought for a long while as he swiveled his chair.

"Not only that... he killed those who did something wrong to Taehyung." He uttered, eyes still fixated on the ceiling.

It's like he's protecting him.

"But why?" He darted his gaze at his scribbles on the paper and eliminated the word revenge.

"If it's not revenge.." Hoseok trailed off as he circled the word alliance.

Could it be that the encounter they had 10 years ago wasn't a nightmare but instead... a beginning of a bond?

A bond that they're finally fulfilling now?

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." Hoseok whispered, remembering the famous line from Arthur Conan Doyle's prominent character Sherlock.

Jeon Jungkook and Kim Taehyung must have formed an alliance 10 years ago. Whatever happened that time had caused the reappearance of the killer who started protecting Taehyung by murdering those who mistreated him.

And in exchange, Taehyung falsified the identity of the killer by giving fake information about him.

"That's the only logical explanation that fits the whole damnation." He uttered, attention darting on the pictures he had posted on the board which had a lot of lines that showed interconnection between the killer and all other people involved in the case.

In order to get the evidence, he needed someone to work on his side.

Someone who did not have direct involvement in the case but could play a crucial role in getting the evidence he needed.

As Hoseok continued to stare at the pictures, his eyes landed on the man who had crescent eyes as he smiled.

"Perfect." Hoseok whispered before taking his phone out, dialing the man's number which he had gotten from the files he had been compiling.