Venti (Genshin Impact)

Would be one of my favorite games if I didn't need to put myself in financial ruin in order to get new characters.

WARNING: LIGHT LEMON🍋

This is, of course, a male x male story I made for Pride Month, I hope you guys enjoy and let me know what you think.

Upon sapphire blue seas a ship sailed towards port, on sails heaved with wind and a crew eager to return home.

This particular ship held you in it's quarters, an eager sailor ready to return to familiar faces and places.

You lived as a modest fisherman until an opportunity to sail aboard a trade ship came to you, and you set out across the sea to far flung ships places, a journey that took you half a year.

More so than drink and home, you missed a particular friend, a bard who soothed your soul with his mere presence, and his music a sound so filled with life that you heard his harp play in your thoughts as you sailed across great expanses of ocean.

You impatiently waited for your ship to dock at port, unease filling you as you were more accustomed to heavy waves as opposed to calm shores.

In the midst of your anticipation, the ship captain called that they were in port, and you wanted no time heading on deck to see your home again.

Mondstadt, and upon feeling the wind hit your face you knew your home had welcomed you back.

You and the rest of the crew returned to the crew quarters to gather your things, among your belongings was a small wrapped box held with twine, a gift for your bard.

With the loud crash of the gangway striking the wood of the dock, you and the rest of the crew dispersed across the city to wherever your hearts desires to be now that you were all home, your heart in particular desired to see your dearest friend again, and you knew just where to find him.

You went for the Angel's Share, Mondstadt's local tavern which you found to be quite quaint compared to the less than ideal tavern's you went to overseas.

Your friend was an avid consumer of Dandelion Wine, and you could find him most days at the tavern indulging in his preferred delicacy.

You opened the door with a subtle creak, and found a modest number of patrons in the tavern.

It only took a few moments to find your friend, his outfit a bright green that stood out amongst the warm candlelights.

Venti, your dear friend and the finest bard in mondstadt.

You threw your arm up to wave at him, and Venti recognized you immediately, giving a warm smile that caused your heart to bounce.

You approached Venti and upon reaching his person, hugged him with a gentle yet longing hold.

You: Dearest friend, upon waves and wind I have arrived to see you again.

Venti, being ever so linguistic, replied.

Venti: You smell like a seal.

You smiled.

You: It is good to know that you haven't changed.

Venti: Not a bit.

You pulled the gift you had for Venti from your coat.

You: I got you something from a bar in the north, it's cold and strong.

Venti opened the gift to see a small bottle of alcohol, with enough content for two.

Venti: A drink! You know me so well.