Azula (Avatar: The Last Airbender)

This story takes place five years after the show's end, all characters involved are over 18.
The above art belongs to the rightful owners.

The war had ended, but the service forced upon you was just beginning.

As a prisoner of war, you were taken by the Fire Nation as a slave, where your will was broken and your body was strengthened.

At first you served as manual labor, far surpassing your fellow thralls in strength, something which the Fire Nation officials noticed.

One day, you were pulled out of your pit and into an armory, where you were outfitted with thick, rough iron armor. Your new task was that of a bodyguard to the royal family.

You were brought to the Fire Nation capital, where you met your charge, Princess Azula.

Though you were both young, you both displayed adult aptitude for ruthless bloodshed, Azula stopping at nothing on her mission, and you as well in your task to protect her from the many dangers that would want her to perish.

On one occasion, while resting at a lodge, an assassin rushed at Azula, stopping only at the feeling of your barbaric hand on his neck.

You squeezed, indifferent to the assassin's plea for life, and stopped your crushing grip only when you felt your own bloody hand. You had crushed the assassin's neck so tightly that you severed his head.

This bloody attack caused the people in the lodge great distress, but Azula, unhindered by the violence, smiled and told you to follow her out.

Outside, Azula commended your approach, and the both of you left.

After some time of travel, your enemies defeated Azula at the capital.

You flew into an obedient rage and defeated the water tribe girl and the fallen prince, rescuing Azula and running into the wilderness, Azula unconscious in your giant arms.

Azula woke with a start, but after calming down, learned of the severe circumstances.

As fugitives, you both moved from place to place, growing more mature and crafty in your maneuvers.

After five years, you both had established yourselves as bounty hunters under false names, and continued to move from place to place.

Deep in the forest, you both returned to the lodge where you defended Azula when you were both younger during a great storm.

You both walked in, your cloaks soaked in rain as you entered.

The lodge manager met you both.

Manager: Good evening travelers, how may I help you?

Azula: One room for one night.

The manager looked at you and your hulking frame.

Manager: For both of you?

Azula: He sleeps on the floor.

Manager: Very well.

You both paid and entered your room, unpacking your equipment as Azula rested on the bed.

Azula: These travels are growing tedious, I must have something more filling.

You: Anything in mind, Princess?

Azula: Something...but nothing important right now. Run me a bath.

You: Yes, Princess.

You prepared a bath for Azula as she spoke to you from the bedroom.

Azula: You should quit calling me Princess you know, I'm no longer royalty.

You: Yes you are, Princess. We are simply misplaced.