Lady Dimitrescu (Resident Evil: Village) Pt. 1

Part 1 of 2

It was in the white cold, the lifeless chill and freezing death that you wandered in, a lost soul begotten by fate and left in hopeless doom at the maw of an unfeeling snow.

You worked as a land surveyor for a large European construction company, and recently you were given the task of scouting a previously unknown stretch of land hidden away in snow.

The trek was terrible, as no guide would lead you there, so you had to travel alone, grievously unprepared for the journey.

Within hours of starting into the cold you found yourself lost and hungry, what little rations you had expended earlier.

You saw a large structure in the horizon, and with no other option, you made your way to it, finding it to be a large castle of foreboding design, as if crafted to house aristocrats, demons, or both.

You stumbled in through a garden gate facing the back of the castle, and found yourself in candlelit halls upon finding your way inside, a welcome warmth on your skin.

You regained your composure and traveled the castle halls curiously, hoping to find the occupants and explain your situation, hoping you didn't offend by entering their home unannounced.

Unbeknownst to you, your presence was known, as three sets of eyes watched you with sadistic joy as you traversed the large halls and rooms, completely lost.

You eventually found yourself in a type of grand living room with a fireplace, and deduced that the best course of action would be to wait there, as whoever owns the house must surely come through this room.

Plus there was a fireplace, which everyone knows is the best solution to the cold.

You walked in front of the fireplace, the warm cackle of wood in burn satisfying every cold fiber of your being.

You could have stayed there forever, but fate had other plans for you.

In an instant, a swarm of what appeared to be flies surrounded your vision, and before you could act you were struck hard in the back, sending you flying into a table that collapsed under you.

What manner of creature could attack you in such a way? You turned to look back and find out, but found no beast.

Instead, three women of feral beauty stood over you, each surrounded by flies and wielding sickles with sadistic glee.

They all laughed with joy at your dismay, they seemingly enjoying your suffering.

Woman 1: He smells fresh!

Woman 2: Let's devour him now! Let's not wait!

Woman 3: But we must bring him to mother!

As the women argued as to what to do with you, none of the any choices mentioned appealing to you, another more powerful voice rang out.

Voice: Enough, my daughters...

A woman, though as tall as a dragon, stepped forward, dressed in an elegant white dress and black hat.

She was before you, tall and powerful, looking down on you like a pitiful ant. And yet it was not pity you felt, nor fear surprisingly, but an odd reassurance.

Perhaps that reassurance lied in the thought that whatever happens, it will surely beat freezing to death.

The woman stepped forward, looking you up and down as if looking for something you clearly did not possess.

Tall Woman: He seems average, but we won't know until we cut him open...

With that, one of the women reached forward and cut your hand, you withholding a pained scream as to not allow them the satisfaction of your pain.