chapter 25: truthful feelings

~mild spice in this chapter~

sitting down at the table, everyone's here but antonio. We all start to eat and my father looks up at me . "what" he sighs and waits a moment "how are you feeling with today's information" cutting up my food Antonio walks in.

my stomach drops as i've been distracting myself this entire time. "i don't know it's a lot to take in i'm gonna need a few days" he nods his head "and why's that?" please stop prying "i hate mom and that place i was supposed to call home" i send home a sarcastic smile.

"niki enough with the attitude and just tell me what happened" my jaw clenches and i start to feel anger grow inside me. "ha your funny dad" i take a sip of my water.

"you gonna have to tell me enventualy,i prefer sooner than later" he sips his red wine i should slam your head against this fucking table. "and i would prefer if you were to shut the fuck up about the entire topic until i'm ready" i send another smile and put some food into my mouth.

looking back at my father he's visibly angry "aww no need to get mad" i cover my mouth with my hand "'niki you are going to tell me i don't wait,it's not my thing"

i laugh a bit "domenico no i'm not. i don't listen to men,it's not my thing" i roll my eyes at him "not here but your coming to my office and we'll speak about it"

i snort "It's going to be like talking to a wall." i take another drink of my water. we stare at eachother angry "is this a bad time to mention that i'm gay" everyone's head snaps to antonio and i spit out my water choking on it.

After a few moments of coughing I'm able to calm myself. I wipe my mouth and Antonio sips his wine "surprise i guess" i smile this is probably why he's been mad "can't say i'm surprised i already knew" hazel puts her arms up in defense "wait how?" stefano is genuinely confused.

"well considering i'm the only other gay one in the house he came to me" she takes a bite out of her bread "wait your gay?!" i laugh "stefano you've know her since you were like 17 how do you not know" the spread of confusion on his face makes me laugh "but your dating vin"

"you really are dumb,i like guys too" he nods "wait antonio your gay too for how long?" we all break out into laughter "stefano you have the iq of a spoon" is all luciano can get out though his laughter causing us to laugh harder.

laughing takes a moment to calm down,even my father was laughing which is something we don't see too often. "So you guys don't care?" it wasn't really aimed at us as he was looking at my father. "Well, I for sure don't care" Antonio starts to relax in his chair smiling.

"You know, I'm not even surprised" vinchenzo points his finger at my brother "and why's that" he tilts his head ''you hate woman" i nod "he's got a point." luciano agrees "i don't hate woman,just don't like them"

...

The night was illuminated by the moon. My under the stars playlist was going and I saw someone at the corner of my eyes "Ms.rivera it's lovely to see you" I smiled and scoot over so he can sit.

we sit in silence not talking and just taking in the moment. "how are you feeling about today" my head turns to Luciano who's already looking at me "not good but I don't care." shrugging my shoulders he tilts his head.

"why?" i breathe in "cause i know i'm gonna have to back to the apartment i swore i wouldn't ever go back to." he nods "you don't have to go" i chew on the insides of my cheek "no i do,if i'm going to kill her i do"

"that's alright,you're stronger than some memories" i smile "speaking of strong things,how's your side." shrugging his shoulder he raises his arm "it feels fine it didn't leave much of a scar i'm surprised"