chapter 72: fear

Nicoletta's pov

i keep my eyes closed as lucaino gets out of the tub "okay you can look" by the time i turn around he's making his way into my bedroom with a towel around his waist "hey take it easy" i take his arm and i get a peek at his body oh my god. niki don't make a scene.

the deep purple bruising and scabbed over scrapes on his body make the large stitched up wounds in his body just so much worse that's why he dosent want you to see him

i walk to my bed acting like i didn't see and i pick up his shirt and pants. "let's get you dressed" i don't turn around i just start to unfold his things "i got it, can you bring my glass of water back down" he's giving me things to do so i don't see him. it breaks my heart that he doesn't want me to see that and it makes it worse that eventually i will have to because i'll have no choice.

"sure" i walk into the bathroom and pick up the almost empty glass of water turing around and walking back into my room.

i avert my eyes away as i make it into the cool hallway. i walk down the steps and here muffled struggle as i get closer to the kitchen.

"shhhh, we don't want to wake anyone do we" maria's voice is soothing and confusion clouds my mind. peeking into the kitchen my confusion grows more.

who is that? oh my god it's chris. i can hardly recognize him through all the blood and lack of teeth. "make sure to clean up when you four are done" i walk over to the sink and dads head snaps "nicoletta it's late" my brows raise.

"i know" i set the glass down "stick your finger into one of the gashes, lovely noise if you ask me" aunt v's bloody thumb shoves itself into chris side and the tape over his mouth can't even muffle the yell considering how poorly it sticks to his lips because of the blood.

i hum as i push myself off the wall "i hear lemon and salt sting" i smile as i make my way out of the kitchen "nicoletta you are one crazy bitch! dom where are the lemons?" i hear aunt v and i laugh making my way back to the steps.

stefano and alice went back to her place for the night so she could call her family and tell them the news away from all the screaming and torture.

my door is shut by the time i get back upstairs and i knock before i walk in.

luciano walks out of the bathroom turing the light off "i know you saw" his large arms tug at the short sleeves of the black t-shirt "you didn't have to hide that" he walks over to my bed getting on and relaxing on top of the comforter.

"i don't want you seeing me like this niki" i sigh walking over to my side of the bed and climbing on "you have cried in my arms more than once, a little bruising won't make me see you differently" i lay next to him and his head turns to the side.

"amara ambrosi wants to meet you" my brows furrow "the new mafias of new york's daughter?" he nods "she saw the hickeys" i smile "glad she likes my work" i wink at him leaning over and pecking his lips.

"you need sleep, and lots of it" i pull the comforter from beneath us and i pull it over his body. i know he will sleep better in my bed with me than his own. "as long as you too" i move closer to him "that's the plan"

...

"suck it up!" i continue to pour the rubbing alcohol all over roses body "please nicoletta- fuck!" i throw the empty container to the side "that was a good wake up alarm" i hum "i mean it is three in the morning but still" cora emerges from the light.

"let the hate for her control you cora" i tilt my head "let the pain she's caused you control you, but when you start to get too much i will pull you back" she nods