chapter 42: unknown number

walking down from training with dante we head into the kitchen "niki you did really good today next session is gonna be harder" he sips his water. "What do you mean?" he smiles "you'll have to find out" sitting at the counter i lay my head down.

"dante?" Antonio walks in "hi antonio" Dante grabs a bottle of water and slides it over to me "thank you" i uncap my water and chug it.

"ew don't hug me you're sweaty" antonio tries to push dante away but ends up grabbing into him and hugging him. I smile "you guys are cute" I lean on my hand watching as Antonio gets disgusted at dante.

"Okay okay enough" he laughs pushing Dante off of him "niki i'm heading to the lab if dad's looking for me." I nod. "bye i will see you later" antonio presses a quick kiss onto dante's lips and he leaves.

he smiles sitting down next to me "i'm happy for you guys" dante smiles "thank you niki. he makes me happy" i smile "what does he mean by lab?"

i cap my water "well my brothers actually graduated highschool, antonio did really well in chemistry and he actually ended up making and perfecting the sedative we use on the people we capture. he likes to call it sleepy-juice"

dante laugh "your boyfriend is quite smart dante, he doesn't really show it" he nods "what is with your family and just hiding things about yourselves" i shrug "i'm not sure"

...

tossing a turing i try to get some sleep. my phone rings and i slap my forehead leaning over to the side table and picking up my phone.

unknown number is calling...

"this fucking number again"

I pick up the phone "what." my voice is at a harsh tone

"Nicoletta, so happy you could pick up" a man's voice speaks in my ear. Why does he sound so familiar?

"who the fuck is this and why are you calling me at 2am?" I rub my eyes.

"blaise laurent and celia monet we want them back"

oh shit "who?" I get out of bed and quickly walk to Antonio's room.

"you know who i'm talking about nicoletta"

I open Antonio's door. "I'm not sure who any of those people are" Antonio's head snaps and I hold my finger to my lips telling him to be quiet.

i put the phone on speaker

"nicoletta we want blaise and celia back or there will be harsh consequences"

Antonio's eyes widen and he puts his pen down turning in his chair.

"want who back? I'm sorry but I don't know who those people are" i hear a huff through the phone.

"la miséricorde n'est pas donnée à notre main" (mercy is not given at our hand)

chills runs down my spine

"That's a line you're awfully familiar with. correct?"

"no, i don't speak- what is that? latin? german? you've got the wrong number" some rustling is heard through the phone.

"your not dumb nicoletta unless you've forgotten your french already" my stoumach drops.

it's rose. her light french accent sends chills down my spine and  my heart begins to pound.i look at antonio and his eyes are widened. I swallow hard.

"i'm sorry you've reached the wrong number" a sinister laugh is heard through the phone

"Where is she nicoletta. where is celia"