chapter 61: momma sandy

I take a deep breath and press the elevator button down. When the doors open hazel and vinchenzo are making out "ew" they both jump and I roll my eyes "i'm going to the lobby meet me down there when you're ready." They both walk out of the elevator and I walk in.

I fold my arms as the doors close but are stopped by a hand. a man smiles at me and i nod "you goin to the lobby" I nod can he see what i fucking pressed? "yep"

"Are you alright?" He moves down a bit to get a better look at my face and I nod leaning back on the wall. the elevator doors begin to close and I see Luciano stand in front so i flip him off and the doors completely shut.

"Is that your brother or something?" i laugh and go to say no but remember what he said about cassie "yea our parents are making us share a room" i let myself sound like a dumb teen girl and i twirl my hair "how old are you?" there it is i smile at him "i'm 21" the elevator goes down more and more floors.

"How old are you?" I tilt my head, "I'm 22." I laugh a bit and look at the ground pretending to be shy "What's your name pretty?" I look up and chew on my bottom lip acting like I am into him.

I open my mouth but the elevator doors open "guess you have to find out" I shrug and walk straight through the lobby.

sitting on one of the white leather couches next to a woman on her phone. i turn my phone on and wait a few minutes until it's ripped out of my hands and my head snaps up "are you fucking serious niki" i look up and a pissed off  lucaino.

"what" his brows raise "what? Are you joking right?" i smile at him "i'm not sure what i'm joking about can i have my phone back?" he scoffs "go ahead and fuck him niki, watch what happens" i stand up and glare at him.

I don't care that this asshole is 6'3 i will break his ass in front of everyone. "don't speak to me like that" he scoffs "don't be a whore" i glare at him "what's going on" we look away from each other a vinchenzo and hazel "nothing" luciano and i speak in unison.

At least we don't fight about one thing. "Let's go, my mother will be back from church in about 15 minutes or so" she takes Vinchenzo's hand and walks forward.

I take my phone from him "i'll see you later" i walk past him making sure that i hit his arm. i catch up to hazel and vinchenzo and grab into hazel's arm "that looked pretty heated. you guys okay?" vinchenzo looks at me "yea" i nod

"you want me to beat him up" i laugh "don't worry, if he needs his ass kicked i got it" he nods and we walk out of the building.

"Are we walking there?" vinchenzo's voice fills with worry and Hazel smiles "I only live a few blocks away" he nods oh he's going to have a fun time. Hazel lives 13 city blocks from Times Square. It's a small walk for us but for my brother who's only ever driven everywhere, this will be fun.

We walk through the blocks and I hum taking in everything. still feels the same as it did four years ago. I feel somewhat comfortable in the loud noises and traffic for some reason.

about nine blocks in vinchenzo starts to slow down "you said a few blocks" hazel's smiles "we're like four blocks away come on" he huffs but keeps going.

Eventually we make it in front of the building that hazel grew up in. the tall brick building that we know like the back of our hands hasn't changed one bit.

"Okay" Hazel takes a deep breath "my mother should be home by now" she looks at both of us and pulls the key on the same red keychain out of her pocket.

She unlocks the entrance door and then walks in to the second door with a large glass window in it. she opens the door and the front desk lady's eyes light up.