chapter 45: suck it up

Nicoletta's POV:

walking inside i cover my mouth as i pass a police officer talking to dad "Mr.Rivera are you going to handle this your way or do you want us involved?" dad pats his shoulder "we'll take this into our hands,mark it off as a suicide on public papers, murder on personal" the officer nods and i walk downstairs into the weapon room.

I hold back tears and let a few fall from my eyes.the big steel door is already opened half way. I don't hear anything inside but I grab a gun from the table next to me.

I check for bullets and it's full so i proceed. l push open the door and no one is inside. I relax my body and wipe my tears on my face putting the gun down.

I see the familiar knife at the corner table and I pick it up. It looks the same as roses. The only thing different is the blade pattern.

she's really gone. tears return to my eyes. I feel my back hit a wall and I cover my mouth to keep quiet. my body slides down until I meet the ground. she shouldn't be the one dying. I feel warm tears fall calm down.

I take a deep breath and let a sob out dropping the knife so I can wipe my face suck it up. I didn't raise you like this. I take another deep breath and let it out slowly.

I pick up the knife and stand up slowly collecting myself. I place the knife into the side of my bra under my arm so I can get past the police with it. I walk back upstairs and the house is starting to clear out.

I go into the backyard and everyone is gone. The only thing left is the pool of blood. i'm gonna be sick. I turn around and walk outside to see everyone waiting.

Luciano leans on the wall staring at the ground. I walk over to him and take his hand. I don't care that his hands are covered in blood. I just have no clue what he's feeling right now. He doesn't say anything but just looks at me and squeezes my hand a bit.

"we should go" dad speaks up luciano nods "yes we should" dad looks at luciano before walking over to him. i pull out hands apart and dad places a hand on his shoulder "we're going to find who did this" dad pulls him into a hug for a moment before pulling away.

"we're gonna destroy the mother fuckers responsible" vinchenzo holds hazel. Luciano nods "lets go" i take Luciano's hand once again and we walk towards the car.

the doors are still open "i'll drive" i squeeze his hand a bit and luciano goes into the passenger side. I step in and shut the door, sighing.

The car was never turned off so I pull out of the driveway and speed down the rural roads. I drive on the path keeping everything down. the last time we drove down here she was okay. now she is dead . She's fucking dead.

tears fill my eyes. She's dead a sob leaves my throat and I pull over and stop the car. I cover my mouth suck it up. an angry rose echoes through my mind.

"do you want me to drive?" i wipe my face and look at him "no no i'm okay i'm fine i'm fine" he nods. "i'm fine" i take a deep breath and step on the gas taking luciano's hand.

The rest of the ride was silent and 15 minutes away from the house I felt my heart start to race again to keep calm niki suck it up. i take a few deep breaths and squeeze luciano's hand.

I can tell through my peripheral that he looks at me. I keep driving until I see the lights on the house and I pull in. I park the car in the usual spot and turn the car off.

getting out i shut the door and luciano opens the trunk getting the duffle bag inside. he slams it shut and he walks next to me taking my hand and he squeezes a little.