❌ One Mistake Lead To Another ➡️

(Artwork cover by oikawaourflatking on Instagram)

For the rest of the time, Jake and Hailey didn't talk. Didn't even look at each other. When Jake got home he laid in his bed and was so confused. Why did he want to kiss Hailey. Was it the setting? Or did he really love Hailey.

Jake's POV
How am I gonna go to school on Monday and forget this never happened. You're such an idiot, Jake! You shouldn't have done that, why did you do that. "Uh.... Jake?" his mother said as she saw her son walking back an forward. "I was just gonna tell you that dinner is ready, but is everything ok?" Jake looked at his mother with a sad expression. "Mom? Say there's these two girls, one of them you've known for a long time and you've in love with her for years. But then there's another girl, you feel between you but aren't sure if you love her the same as other girl." His mother in shock, but didn't question it a bit and just said "When you love someone, you practically know every detail about them. Like face details, posture, interests, fears, home life, and you want to do everything to make them happy when they're sad. You talk with them, comfort them, and care for them...... with every bone in your body....." He hugs his mother, and they go downstairs for dinner.

Back At Zander and Hailey's house....

"What happened?!?" Zander said. "What are you talking about Zander?" Hailey replies. "You know very well what I'm talking about, something between you and Jake. You two avoided each other after you came out of the music room." Hailey was stunned, she couldn't tell him what really happened. "He just dropped my ukulele." Zander was not buying it, he knew something happened. He took a deep breath. "Hailey, you know you can tell me anything. So.... please..... tell me what happened." Hailey looked at him with tears in her eyes. "Fine... I'll tell you."

The Next Day

"Can I just have a coffee with two shots of espresso? Thank you!" Daisy says to the cashier. She sits waiting for coffee and sees someone familiar come in. Jake? I wonder what his doing here? "Jake!" she shouted with glee. He turns around, and surprised to Daisy here at the 'Rosy Café'. He waves at her, and looks away and has a sadden expression on his face. A few minutes Jake sits down waiting for his coffee. "Are you ok, Jake?" Daisy came up to his table. Jake didn't respond but she could tell by his face that he was not. She sits down at his table. "You can tell me anything. Is something bothering you, is it school, or someone in particular got you down?" Daisy asked Jake. He looked at her with a pretty sad-forced smile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Wow! I can see why that would be an awkward encounter." They're sitting on a bench in the park with there coffees. The leafs were falling around them. Kind of seemed like something out of a rom-com. "I just don't know how to fix this mess I've made. I don't know how I will talk to her to tomorrow at practice.... I should just quit the club.... I keep messing things up anyways." Daisy got up from the bench and her hands on hips. "Jake Sterling, you are not gonna give up on your passion just because of this incident that happened." She said in a serious tone. "Just act normal around her. But also be cautious, make her feel comfortable around and hopefully y'all can forget this ever happened. Sorry, I'm not the best at giving advice...." Jake steps in "I think you're advice was good. I'll definitely try." He smiles at her, she gives him a hug.

"What if I ruined everything Zander? What if he did like me but now because of what happened he doesn't like me anymore?" Zander got a grip of Hailey's shoulders "Hailey! Calm down! Don't worry, you guys will work it out." "I sure hope so..." They walk though the park's side walk. Hailey stops and tears roll down her face to seeing something. "Hailey? Hailey, what's wrong?!?" She runs away toward another direction. Zander was so confused and looked at the direction she was looking. She had seen Jake and Daisy hugging each other. Maybe he didn't live after all... Jake breaks the hug and sees Hailey running. Shit. I messed up again. "Go after her, Jake!" Daisy said.

He runs after her, not stopping or looking before crossing the streets. Almost getting run over.... "HAILEY! WAIT!" he screams after her. Why are you running after her, didn't you love Daisy? You'll just break her heart.... Hailey hides in abandoned alleyway. It starts raining really hard. Jake stands I the rain wondering if it was a good idea. Then he hears screaming from the alleyway. HAILEY?!?

(Sorry, to leave y'all on a cliffhanger. Also I feel like this story is just all over the place, and it doesn't make much sense but what can I say. I'm not good writer....)