Qualifier 1: Yoshi VS Kirby

A book, materializing instantaneously and simultaneously crashing like breaking through a brick wall in a single moment with no sound or movement, only ripples in the center of the outer realm as reality cracked to reconstruct the smallest piece o...

A book, materializing instantaneously and simultaneously crashing like breaking through a brick wall in a single moment with no sound or movement, only ripples in the center of the outer realm as reality cracked to reconstruct the smallest piece of a world once lost.

The book opened, and from it sprang life. Vivid grass and willowy bushes, wisps of smoke that rose into the dark air formed soft swirling clouds. In the middle of it all, a great tree bearing every kind of fruit, rising and towering above the small world existing in the foldouts of the story book.

Then all around it, space shifted, creaking and groaning as it was forced to accommodate the something that came from nothing. It was lighted by the following creation of a small sun, orbiting only this world, casting a deep orange glow on the whole of it.

When the stage was set, two beams of light flickered on opposing sides of the field.

4

Trapped in light once again, Yoshi took the moment to reflect on his thoughts. So many things had happened to him, and though he understood them, it was a lot to take in. He'd wanted to have an adventure like the ones in the stories his family once told him, and now that he was fully grown, he'd been thrown into the adventure he'd always wanted. But the stakes were too high... this wasn't how he wanted it. He wanted to travel, to see new worlds. Yet here he was, with no worlds to see, nothing left to travel to. Instead he was thrown into the midst of something far greater than himself, with others said to carry the same fate.

And now he would have to fight them. And he understood that. He understood the only way to bring things back, was to fight.

He was a hunter... he was very good, at fighting.

3

Trapped in light once again, Kirby took the moment to reflect on his thoughts. It all happened so slowly, like his head was in a daze trying to figure out how he ended up here. He'd already stopped a great evil, but he knew that wasn't the end of it. He wasn't sure how he did it, how he succeeded, or why he was needed to do it again, but he knew he answered a higher calling. He'd been summoned to the stars and that led him here, to the end of all things, with a small gathering of people trying to bring it all back. Why was he here, one so small? His evil had only threatened his home, and he'd defended it. Was he strong enough to face something bigger?

He supposed there was only one way to find out. He would have to fight- fight harder than he ever had before-- that much was clear.

He was a warrior... he was very good, at fighting.

2

The lights faded, and the contestants were sat on the battlefield. Yoshi planted his feet firmly on the ground, shaking himself off and blinking away the lights. Kirby stood softly, staring in wonder at all that was around him. A chilling wind blew through the air as they faced each other, the sun glowing on the horizon.