Quarterfinals 3: Falcon VS Samus

It was the same arena where Link fought Kirby, and Mario fought Jigglypuff

It was the same arena where Link fought Kirby, and Mario fought Jigglypuff. For the third time in a row this crystal stage cleaned itself up, removing any sign of damage and any sign that it had been created less than six minutes ago. The metal plates remained warped but untarnished, and the crystals remained jagged but unbroken.

4

As the lights pulled him into battle, there was little on Falcon's mind. In fact there was only one clear thought: Get through to Samus. He wasn't sure what the deal was with the cold shoulder treatment, or why she thought he was some kind of faker, but here on the battlefield he had her undivided attention.

3

As the lights pulled her into battle, there was a lot on Samus' mind. From the indecipherable statistics, to Captain claiming to tell the truth and then not explaining where his information comes from, to the sudden drop in combatants, and finally whatever the deal was with Falcon. At least with the Falcon issue there was no better place to settle things than here and now.

2

Touching down, Falcon saluted in the direction the monitors would be facing back at Light Base, then waved at Samus.

1

Samus charged her cannon, aiming and ready to fire.

GO!

Without giving him a chance to speak, Samus fired a fully charged energy blast. It ripped through the air and passed Falcon as he dodged to the side. Samus followed with several smaller blasts, tracking Falcon and forcing him further back. It was tight, but he managed to weave through them without getting hit.

You have his speed, and at least some of his skill, Samus switched to her missiles. But how much?

Falcon skid to the edge of the arena. I guess the time for talking is over, he kicked off the ground. Give me three seconds, I'll make you listen.

Samus fired several missiles into the air at different angles as Falcon jumped. He used the lowest as a boost to jump higher, then grabbed the second and threw it into the third, using the momentum from the pitch to flip through the air over the fourth. At his highest point, he tucked into himself.

"Falcon... kick!" He dropped out of the air, rocketing down at Samus.

It was just like when he fought Captain, and Samus used his predictability against him. She grabbed his leg the second he was within reach and threw him into the ground, but he rolled with it and kicked off the edge of one of the metal planks, launching back at her. He spun in the air, kicking out. Samus threw up her arms to block but Falcon kicked out again with his other foot, hitting her in the head. It knocked her off balance just enough for him to drop and threw a few quick punches.

Samus broke the attack, slamming her shoulder into his chest like a football tackle. Then she grabbed him by the arm and kicked him in the jaw, forcing him to the ground. Again he rebounded, leaping back into the air with a powerful kick.