Chapter 7: Feel My Wrath And Extreme Self-Doubt

Emily shot another arrow she always practiced archery when she needed to focus she had a million questions ever since she had found that box in the barn. Nothing made sense her parents were lying to her and they had been her entire life she just wasn't sure about what.

Emily needed answers what was camp half blood and camp Jupiter, who were the people standing next to her parents in those pictures, why were there swords in that box, and how was she supposed to get answers. Emily only chance of getting answers was three numbers that been written on a notepad and put in the box the numbers had names written alongside them.

The first was under Percy and Annabeth the second was under the names Leo and Calypso and the third and last set of names under the final number were Nico and Will. Emily didn't call them though she figured if her parents had been lying to her there was no way these people would tell her the truth.

"Nice shot" the voice came from behind her it was her father he had been home for a week now after being away for months on a military tour Emily hadn't even noticed her arrow had hit the bullseye. "Yeah bullseye just like you taught me" Emily replied "you've been quiet ever since the night I came home normally you'd be bouncing off the walls after finishing school" her father said.

"I just, are we going to have move again" she asked at least maybe her father could answer one of her questions "I'm not sure yet Emily we may have to deal with something soon" her father said. "Your going on another tour" she asked "no something else with your mother in San Francisco" he answered San Francisco that what Reyna had been talking about last week.

"We would move to San Francisco" Emily cried "maybe we're not sure yet it's just a possibility" her father replied San Francisco was so far away from Minnesota. Her father sighed then Charlie came running up to them "mom said you guys have to come in for lunch" he said the three of them went back inside Emily still had her bow and quiver full of arrows slug over her shoulder.

Charlie handed her a sandwich the two of them sat on the porch of their house Emily was lost in her own thoughts would they really move all the way to San Francisco. And how was she supposed to get answers now she was dragged out of her thoughts by the phone ringing which was strange no one ever called them.

Emily pressed her ear to the screen door to listen to their conversation "Hello Percy what do you mean she has your sword, this is bad okay me Hazel we'll make our way out there as fast as we can" her father said. Where were they going and this must have been the same Percy who's number was in the box in the barn.

What was happening she needed answers and she wasn't going to get them from her parents but her parents would notice if she went back to the barn now she needed a distraction. "Charlie would you do me a favour" she asked her brother "fine but it'll cost you" the four year old said "fine I'll do your chores for a month if you cause a distraction" she answered.

"Deal" he said Charlie went back into the house then he went to the top of the stairs and threw himself down them "that'll work" she said as she ran towards the barn. Emily grabbed the box from the top shelf in the back of the barn she rifled though the box till she found a business card it was written in cursive so it was murder on her dyslexic eyes.

Emily had to read it several times before she could make it out it read camp half blood Long Island New York "how am I supposed to get to New York" she chided herself. What was the point anyways even if she made to New York to this camp half blood would they even have the answers she was looking for.

Even if they had the answers she needed would they even tell her, she walked outside of the barn and sat on the steps all for nothing she had bribed her brother for nothing. She could take a bus to Long Island but that would take nearly twenty hours and with ADHD and dyslexia being on a bus for that long would be toucher.

The sky was clear not a cloud in the sky which was why Emily was so surprised when a huge shadow flew over her head and she was even more surprised when it landed on the lawn.

Except it wasn't a shadow it was a large beige horse with a black mane and wings, WINGS there was a horse with on their lawn what was happening she had taken her ADHD meds. The horse nuzzled her face "um hi" she said unsure of how to respond to the situation.

The horse started to neigh like he was trying to talk to her "I um don't speak horse" she answered and she swore the horse rolled his eyes at her. He gestured towards his neck he was wearing some sort of medallion with one word written on it in Ancient Greek but what was even weirder was she could read it perfectly.

"Arion" she read aloud the horse nodded "why are you here" she asked then he gestured to the business card she was holding in her hand "your here to take me to camp half blood" she asked. The horse neighed and nodded the whole situation was so weird a horse was sort of talking to her not to mention that the horse had wings.

The horse gestured for her to get on his back, she reluctantly climbed onto his back then the horse took off "AHHHH" she yelled as they started to get higher and faster this was gonna be long trip.