Chapter 12: How To Run From The Mess You Made

Jason was pacing back and forth in front of the big house the other three kids Avila, Michael, and Emily were sitting down on a bench "would you relax she'll be fine" Avila said. Sam had gone to see the Oracle in some creepy cave at camp she was going to receive a prophecy and apparently everyone thought she was a thief.

Jason had only known Sam for a week and a half he'd only had a few friends but liked Sam she was a little crazy but she was fun and a fighter and she didn't seem like a thief. They hadn't even known about any of this till they had gotten to camp half blood she couldn't have stolen it and why did they think Sam stole it.

"Theirs no way she took that crown" he said "look Valdez that's just what we've been hearing since we got here doesn't mean you're girlfriend actually did it" Avila stated. Jason face turned bright red "she's not my girlfriend" he said Avila just shrugged "why do they think Sam would take this crown anyways" Jason asked.

"Revenge for her parents you've heard the stories by now same us Hera kinda messed up their lives more then once and Sam's class apparently took a field trip to the Empire State Building the day it was stolen" Michael replied. "So if Sam doesn't bring back this crown" Jason trailed off "it would be very bad" Emily finished "so which of the three of us is going with you two" Avila said.

"What" Jason asked confused "Sam going to
take the quest your obviously going with her your only allowed three people on a quest we're all dyslexic but I pretty sure we can all do the math here" Avila answered. She was right Sam had asked him to figure it out with them he needed to do this "we'll take Emily and sneak you two along with us we're going to need all the help we can get".

"Speaking of which here comes your girlfriend" Avila said "she's not my girl friend" Jason answered as he turned around sure enough there she was. Sam was walking out of the big house towards them her long black hair was swaying behind her and her stormy grey eyes were different though.

Her eyes were usually cold, calculating, and usually said something along the lines of don't mess with me if you want to live but right now they were saying I'm scared. Nothing else about her expression gave it away though just her eyes and Jason could tell that she wasn't just scared, she was terrified.

Sam reached where the four of them were standing "so who's coming with us" she asked Jason it seemed like she made up her mind about having Jason along with her. "Emily and we're going to sneak Michael and Avila along too I figured we'd need all the we can get and we all want answers" he replied waiting for her reaction.

"Good plan" she replied their was a moment of awkward silence "what the prophecy" Avila asked Sam looked up at her then spoke the lines of the prophecy. "You shall go north to find what you seek in the snowy mountain covered peaks. You shall retrieve it from the glaciers in caverns deep".

Sam paused for a minute "is that it, I thought they were usually longer" Michael asked, Sam shook her head as a response then continued "You will trust those who try to turn you, And you will lose a love you can no longer seek".

That explained the fear in Sam's eyes she didn't know who to trust after hearing that and losing someone she loved that sentence wasn't exactly comforting to her either. "When do we leave" Emily asked which was a surprise because she had been so quiet the whole time they'd been talking.

"Chiron said based on the prophecy it's up north so Argus is going to drive us to the bus station as so as we're done packing our bags so we can sneak you two in the back of the van" Sam replied. "Okay so we'll meet back in half an hour" he said looking at Sam for approval who nodded, Michael, Avila and Emily went off in the direction of their cabins Jason stayed behind to talk to Sam.

"You'd think they'd be in the same cabin" she said Jason look at her "who" he asked "Michael and Avila there twins you'd think they would at least be in the same cabin" she replied. "Are you alright" he asked "why wouldn't I be" she asked as her stormy grey eyes challenged him "just that last line" he trailed off.

"I'm fine" "no you're not your scared I can tell" he answered Sam sighed "do you know what the easiest thing to believe about those stories with our parents". "What part" Jason asked "how Chiron said my mom was one of the smartest ones here, Luke's always been better listening to all the smart stuff she says but I remember this one time she told me never show them weakness, never show them any fear".

"Is your bag still packed" he asked "yeah your's" she replied "I'm ready when you are I'm pretty sure our parents are going to be here any day now and I'm not leaving without answers" he answered. "Me either" she replied they both left after that and grabbed their bags, the three of them met Chiron and Argus in front of a white camp van.

From the look Sam was giving him he could assume that Avila and Michael were safely stashed in the back seat of the van hidden from view the three of them got into the white van. Jason could tell Chiron didn't like the fact the three of them were going on a quest together considering who their parents were.

But he didn't stop them as Argus drove away camp half blood began to fade as they got farther away, Jason turned to face Sam and Emily "no turning back now".