Ch. 4: A School Trip Gone Wrong

"This open layout ruined my boarding statagy," Iida pretty much whined.

They were all sitting in a bus, heading towards the USJ for some hero training.

The seats were Kirishima, Asui, Midoryia, and Ryuzaki on the the left side, and Kaminari, Aoyama, Ashido, and Iida on the right.

"You really need to chill," Ashido told Iida.

"If we're pointing out the obvious then there something I want to say," Asui began.

"About you actually..." she said turning to Midorya.

"About me!? What is it Asui?"

"I told you to call me Tsu," she corrected him.

Ryuzaki took a mental note of that.

"That power of yours, isn't it a lot like All Might?" She finally said.

"What really??" He said practically shaking.

"Wait, hold on Tsu! You're forgetting that All Might doesn't hurt himself when he uses his quirk, remember," Kirishima butted in.

"Still, I bet it's still cool to have a simple augmenting type of quirk. You could do a lot of flashy stuff with it," he said.

"My quirk's good for fighting bad guys, but it doesn't look all too impressive," he said morphing his forearm into a rock-like texture.

Ryuzaki's head went to the conversation she had the other day at lunch with him. Looking at his quirk in action now, she couldn't believe the words coming out of his mouth.

"What? I think your quirk looks cool, Kirishima! Don't put yourself down like that," Ryuzaki said, leaning towards his direction, surprising Midorya a bit.

"You think so? Really seems like it'd be easier to be a popular hero with something flashier," Kirishima replied.

"My navel laser's got the perfect mix of panache and strength," Aoyama braggingly said.

"But it's way lame if it gives you stomach aches sweetie," Ashido said, putting a hand on his shoulder.

Ryuzaki then thought of her own quirks drawbacks.

Following Ashido's logic, did that make Ryuzaki's quirk lame too? Ryuzaki was now getting a bit self-concious, and perferred not to say anything.

"Well if any of our classmates have pro-quirks, it Todoroki and Bakugo," Kirishima said, looking to his left.

This caught the attention of Bakugo, now looking towards their direction, and then scoffing.

Ryuzaki than thought about their quirks.

Todoroki had literal ice powers, which would definently do well im the heroing career.

Bakugo had explosions for a quirk, and she had to admit, even that looked "flashy" too.

"With an additude like that, he'll never become popular," Tsu stated.

"What'd you say!? I'LL KICK YOUR ASS!!" Bakugo yelled.

"See," Tsu gensterd toward Bakugo, looking at Midorya and Ryuzaki.

"Since we basically just met you, it's pretty telling that we know your personality is flaming crap mixed with garbage," Kaminari said with a smirk on his face.

"YOU'RE GONNA REGRET THE DAY YOU APPLIED TO THIS SCHOOL, YOU LOSER!!!"

"Maybe you should've kept the whole 'flashy' thing to yourself, Kirishima," Ryuzaki leaned over, whispering to him.