Ch. 8: The Battle Tournament: Ryuzaki vs Mina!

Ryuzaki watched as all the names appeared on screen, and then it hit her.

"Wait, are we... Are we gonna have to fight each other?" She thought nervously.

"I'm already tired enough as it is from the obstacle course and cavalry battle, but... now I have to actually use my quirk against someone?! Maybe multiple people!? I'm gonna end up so dead..."

She then looked up at the names on the monitor, searching for her own.

Ryuzaki VS...

"Hey Ryuzaki!" Ashido called out to her.

"Guess we'll be going up against each other, huh?" Ashido told her with a smile.

Then she immediately furrowed her eyebrows.

"Just because we're friends doesn't mean I'll go easy on you. Or that you should do the same for me," she continued, keeping her lips in an arch.

"Of course! I'll try my best!" Ryuzaki waved her hands in front of her before closing them into firm fists.

"I can't believe it. First round and I already gotta face one of my own friends... Wait, Ashido is... my friend? Can I even call her that? I mean, we have been talking a lot lately, and we did keep each other company at the USJ incident."

"She reminds me a lot of my dad too. Same with Kirishima and his almost always smiling attitude. Wait, what about Kirishima too? Is he my friend? Does he count as one? Oh wait! Our battle tournament, right!"

She looked back up at the monitor.

"Looks like only the top teams from the cavalry battle got through, but now we're individuals again. Let's see, looks like Sero is going up against Todoroki, Kirishima is going against Tetsutetsu, and Bakugo is going against Uraraka... Jeez, do I wish you the best of luck," She read the names.

-----

"What!? YOU TRICKED US!? YOU WILL REGRET THIS!!!" Momo yelled across the stadium to Kaminari and Mineta.

Ryuzaki stood in shock at the realization they had all made fools out of themselves. She watched as Jiro threw her pom-poms on the floor, and Yaoyorozu stubbornly crossed her arms, completely embarrassed. Ryuzaki was also just as, if not more embarrassed. And her anxiety was sent threw the roof! They weren't exactly much of a dress and/or skirt person. They could tolerate the school's females' uniforms, but right now in this moment, everyone was watching them, in the short skirts that were these cheerleading outfits.

Also, all the other girls in their class had smooth spotless skin. And considering the cheerleading outfits were crop tops with short skirts, they sure as hell showing a lot of skin.

The scales on her waist, knees, and shoulders were all visible to the people in the stadium.

Ryuzaki alone didn't mind her scales too much, but next to all the other girls she definitely looked... different. She began to feel an itchy feeling on her skin from her self-consciousness.

"You okay Ryuzaki?" Mina asked.

"W-What!? Oh, I'm totally fine! These outfits are actually really cute, Yaoyorozu!" She said over to Yaoyorozu, who was crouching down in embarrassment.

They tried their best to hide their humiliation. Then immediately tried covering their waist with their pom-poms.

"I hate this..."

-----

Ryuzaki walked into Yaoyorozu's waiting room.

"So, who are you gonna fight, Yaoyorozu?" Ryuzaki asked, trying to ignore her own nervousness.