Ch. 5: A Chance to Get Noticed

It was another school day in class 1-A's homeroom.

"We're totally big deals. Those news channels love us. We're basically celebrities," Kaminari leaned back, saying.

"Yeah, it's kinda crazy, right?" Kirishima said.

"Get over yourselves. The hero course that pumps out pros was attacked, and that's what they care about," Jiro shot them down.

"Who knows what could've happened to us if the teachers hadn't showed up," Sero said, sitting to the left of Kirishima.

"Oh, I don't even want to think about it," Ryuzaki responded, resting her face cheeks on both her hands as she spoke.

"Why would you say that!? I'M GONNA PEE MYSELF JUST THINKING ABOUT IT!" Mineta yelled.

"GROW A PAIR, YOU LOSER!" Bakugo yelled at him, annoyed.

"ATTENTION! Home-room class is about to begin! Everyone, take your seats!" Iida said, standing up.

After everyone settled down, the classroom door opened.

"'Morning class," A bandage cover Mr. Aizawa said.

"MR. AIZAWA!?" The class screamed in unison, at the sight of their teacher, not expecting him to be here due to his injuries from the USJ incident.

He waltzed himself to his desk.

Ryuzaki looked at him in deep concern.

"Is he really okay?" She thought to herself, with most likely everyone else thinking the same thing.

"My well being is irrelevant," he began.

"What's more important is that your fight isn't over yet," he said sternly.

Ryuzaki was confused at those words. What fight?

"The U.A. festival is about to begin," he finished.

Ryuzaki sighed, initially thinking he was going to bring more bad news after the incident at the USJ.

"Yes!" Kirishima popped up from his chair.

"Let's go kick some a-"

"Wait a second," Kaminari cut him off.

"Is it really such a good idea to hold the sports festival so soon after the villians snuck inside?" Jiro asked.

"Yeah, Mr. Aizawa. What if something similar happens again? We'll all be in one place, so wouldn't that be an easy target for them," Ryuzaki asked with obvious concern in he voice.

"Apparently the administration thinks this is a good way to show that the threat has been handled and our school is safer than ever," Aizawa explained to the class.

"This event is a huge opportunity for all U.A. students. It's not something we can cancel because of a few villians," he continued.

"The sports festival... A chance to get noticed by pro heroes," Ryuzaki thought to herself.

"I'll have to continuously use my quirk if I want anyone to acknowledge me..."

She felt anxiety began to wash over her as she thought about all the people that would be watching her. If she didn't try her hardest, would they not think she was cut out to be a hero...?

She basically trembled in her seat at the thought of embarrassing herself in front of all those people.

"Joining a famous hero agency can get you better experience and popularity, so you better not slack off on training," Aizawa told the class.