Ch. 6: The Sports Festival!

The two weeks surprisingly flew right by.

Ryuzaki had decided to try to hitting her goal of being able to use her quirk for 1 minute and 30 seconds straight. But she ended up only using it 1 minute and 13 seconds at most. Her training mostly consisted of using her quirk while doing any type of intense cardio. She needed her body to get used to keeping her quirk activated even when under a lot of stress.

"I'm gonna need to be prepared to use my quirk as much as I can. Who knows what kind of things theyll make us do..."

Then, the day finally arrived.

Ryuzaki was sitting in the Prep Room with the rest of Class 1-A near Kirishima. She would be absolutely lying if she were to say she wasn't nervous. A familiar itchy feeling coming back to her as she contemplated how well she would do. She hadn't even hit her goal yet, and she was already getting thrown into lord-knows-what where using your quirk as much as possible would be expected out of most people.

"And I thought I was nervous," Kirishima began.

"Huh!? I- I'm doing fine, I'm sure there'll be nothing to worry about," Ryuzaki basically shook in her seat, trying to hide her utter fear with her smile.

"Look, I'm sure all of us are nervous. Even me-"

"'You guys seriously still worried about that?" Bakugo began, sitting across that table. Ryuzaki and Kirishima both turned to look at him.

"If you're aiming for the top and giving it your all, there's no reason you should be scared shitless," he scoffed.

"Didn't you listen to what I said the other day!?"

Ryuzaki at first was dumbfounded. Then she remembered the hallway incident.

"Honestly, not really. I was just questioning how someone's ego could be that big," Ryuzaki thought to herself. And, she didn't exactly "feel safe" saying that to his face right now, so she just kept it to herself.

"I mean, I have been trying my best with my quirk recently. But even then... I'm not sure-"

"THE U.A. SPORTS' FESTIVAL IS ABOUT TO BEGIN EVERYBODY!"

-----

"ARE YOU READY!?" Ryuzaki could hear Present Mic's voice echo through out the whole stadium. Everyone made their way towards a questionablely dressed Midnight, one of the teachers at U.A.

"Eeek! I'm so excited!" Ashido exclaimed.

"Um, yeah, me too..." Ryuzaki responded.

"Representing the students..." Midnight began.

"-Katsuki Bakugo from class 1-A!"

Everyone's eyes widened, as the the realization that HE would be speaking for all of them hit them.

"Oh, come on. Seriously... At least please say something mildly inspiring like you did earlier, even if it sounds rough. Just please don't be egotistical,"

"Please don't be egotistical"

As Bakugo made his way up to the platform the Midnight was on, Midnight moved out of his way to give his access to the microphone.

"I pledge..." He began.

"Please don't be egotistical!"

"...That I'll be number one."

A loud groan came from almost everyone in the classroom, including Ryuzaki. She let out a sigh, half annoyed, and half not surprised at this point something like that was going to happen.