Ch. 9: The Battle Tournament: Ryuzaki vs Tokoyami!

"Hey, Ryuzaki!" Kirishima called out in the hall.

"Oh, what's up, Kirishima?" Ryuzaki responded, who was on her way to her waiting room.

"If you beat Tokoyami in this match, you might get a chance to fight me in the next round!" He said.

"Oh yeah. But don't you have to defeat Bakugo first?" She asked.

"Oh right. Well then, wish me luck!"

"I will!" Ryuzaki laughed.

"Kirishima is going up against Bakugo... He'll definitely have to hold his ground. Bakugo will most definitely not hold back. Especially after that fight with Uraraka..."

"As stupid as it sounds... I kind of admire him for it. Not holding back, and giving her a fair fight. I guess he has his exceptions for who to look down on, even if the is almost no one..."

"Still, I can't imagine looking down on someone like that because... It's like my whole life, I've been looking down on myself..."

-----

"Fumikage Tokoyami..." Ryuzaki thought to themself, once again in the waiting room.

"I doubt I'll be able to use the same strategy I used on Ashido, considering he could just easily use his Dark Shadow to block me..."

"His quirk... It's perfect for defense and offence. I don't know how I'll be able to fight it. And I don't know any drawbacks for it either..." Ryuzaki thought.

"Oh! What am I going to do!" They yelled, pulling on their hair.

They then winced at a sudden sting on their acid burn.

"Crap, and I gotta worry about this too..."

They wanted to rub it. To soothe the pain away, but they couldn't.

"Looks like it's my time to fight Tokoyami... I can't back out now," they made their way to the ring.

-----

Ryuzaki was now in the stadium, along with Tokoyami.

"START!" Midnight shouted.

Tokoyami summoned his Dark Shadow, giving Ryuzaki almost no time to think. Dark Shadow attacked at her, and Ryuzaki instinctively dodged.

"How am I gonna take him down!?" She thought.

Ryuzaki was desperate for a plan, and for one fast.

Dark Shadow tried to hit once more, but she jumped out of the way again.

"What do I do..!?"

Dark Shadow charged at Ryuzaki once more, and in a panic she activated her quirk, flying herself over him and Tokoyami.

She detransformed as she landed, her heart beating fast from exhaustion and panic.

"Mom and Dad are probably watching now too..."

Then, she was caught by surprise.

Dark Shadow charged at her like a bull, and by reflex Ryuzaki used her arms crossed in front of her to cover her face, defending herself.

But she forgot one thing...

Her acid burn.

She put her left forearm on top of her right, and her left arm ending up being hit.

Ryuzaki was pushed back about a couple feet, and began grabbing at her arm from pain. She gritted her teeth.

"Ahg!" She yelped in pain.