Right Place, Right Time

"I promise girls! They're all going to love you! Especially since I'm bringing some famous Bittys Batter treats from the shop!" I said over the phone to my two best friends since the 9th grade, Claire Greer and Maya Webber.

Ever since freshman year in high school, Claire and Maya had dreamt of owning their own bakery in New York City. Now 7 years later, including four grueling years at culinary school for pastry, their dream came true. They now own Bitty's Batter which was located in Soho.

I however didn't go to culinary school with them because I was trying to become a screen writer. So when we all found out we were going to schools in New York City, we found an affordable 3 bedroom apartment in Soho, and have been living their ever since, fulfilling our dreams of being a screen writer for movies and owning a famous bakery.

"Thanks again Noelle for taking some of the treats for us! We would have gone down with you and been your plus 2, but we're swamped with a huge wedding order" Maya said into their business phone. "No problem sweetheart. Oh shit" "Noelle you okay?" "Yeah I'm fine. Just normal clumsy Noelle!" I smiled as I continued off the plane. "So when's Danny and Layla's wedding again?" The wedding enthusiast Claire asked. "Two days from now Claire" I giggled into the phone.

"Noelle?" She asked. "Yeah?" "Remember to take loads-" 'Yea Claire I know. Remember to take loads of photos and send them to you" I said. "Good girl. We knew you were smart! Ouch! Hey! That hurt Maya!" Claire said, guess Maya smacked her again. Haha. "Holy Shit" I said. "What is it!?" "What the hell is it Noelle?!" Claire and Maya took turns saying. "Girls, I'm gonna call you back" I hung up the phone before either one of them could say another word.

After I made it to the arrivals area at the sun port, I found a man dressed in a limo driver suit, holding a small whiteboard that said: "Miss Noelle Burke." "I'm Miss Noelle Burke" I said shaking the man who went by "Preston" hand. "Right this way Miss Burke" He said taking my luggage and guiding me to the stretch limo waiting for me. "Your family was tied up with things at the house and couldn't make it in time to pick you up. So they sent me" Preston said with a little smirk, making his old tan skin scrunch up. "Uh, okay" I said getting into the limo.

"Miss Noelle, oh is it alright that I call you that?" Preston said innocently. He had what Maya would say: "The Sweetness of a newly wrapped candy bar." I smiled before saying, "Yes it is. You can even call me Just Noelle if you want to" "Well just Noelle" I laughed a little, "There's some champagne for you to drink till we get to your parents house" "Thanks Preston!" I said with a smile before I poured myself a glass, and Preston put up the privacy shade. Once I poured myself a glass, I took out my iPhone and earbuds, and started to listen to music as the New Mexico scenery slowly reveled itself like Charlie looking for the Golden ticket in a wonka bar, as Preston took off for my parents house.

"Settle down, it'll all be clear 

Don't pay no mind to the demons 

They fill you with fear 

The trouble it might drag you down 

If you get lost, you can always be found

 Phillip Phillips sang through my Marc Jacobs head phones I got for Christmas from my cousin Sadie.

I don't know what it was about the New Mexico scenery. Maybe it's the flat land? The gorgeous mountains that you can get a perfect view of all the way from the west side? No. It was the sunsets. The sunsets in this "Land of Enchantment" (as what the states known for), are breath takingly beautiful. The mixture of the pink, yellow, and red sky with the clay colored desert floor is picture perfect.

Then when listening to music with a driven beat like anything from Phillip Phillips, or "Right Place Right Time" by Olly Murs, or "Personal Soldier" by the Wanted, gets you giddy as your on your way to your desired location. Whatever it may be, the airport, a loved ones home, or even to other parts of the state, you feel somewhat.....connected with New Mexico. It's hard to explain really but...but next time you visit, bring some good music with you. Then let me know if I'm right.

There it was, In the distance. I could see the terra-cotta roof of my parents house, the dark tan exterior walls, and the garden my dad has been working for as long as I could remember. 

"51 Chile Street miss" the driver said to me before getting out and opening my door. 

I couldn't help but giggle everytime I heard the name of my old child home street. Who couldnt?

I got out of the limo and was greeted by my parents gorgeous one level home that I lived in till I was 18. It looked just the same.

"Do you need help with that Miss Noelle?" The driver asked about Claire and Maya's treats. "No sir, they are valuable treats for my parents. But I have the luggage. Thanks again" I said with a smile. Then with a quick exchange of a tip, and handshake, my buddy driver was gone, and I couldn't wait to see my family. 

I rolled up to the casita and opened the iron gate that opened to a mini sitting area that my mom had always longed for when I was younger. Then just a couple  more steps, the front door was right in front of me. I thought about knocking on the door, but I saw that it was opened just a smidge.

With a cautious heart, I slowly opened the hard wood door with the silver door handle that had the new mexico state symbol on it.

The house was dark, but as I walked over the threshold, the lights where switched on, and I was greeted by my youngest nephew Sam, running up to give me a hug saying "Welcome to the family Auntie Noelle"

"Welcome to the Burke Family" My mom, Dad, brother Danny and James, their wives and girlfriend Daisy, Layla, and my sister Amanda and her husband Joseph said with huge smiles.