Chapter 7

The clock finally showed 5 o'clock signalling that I could leave the office. It had been a long day at work and I was ready to get home and hang out with Claire and Maya. The long day I had wasn't going to put a damper on the plan's I had for tonight, New Year's Eve. This was the end to my first year of having 2 of my stories turn into movies, and I wasn't going to pass up spending it in Times Square with my 2 best friends and their men.

I could hear the two of them from down the hall as I headed towards the apartment we now all shared...again. A smile crossed my freckled face as I heard them excitedly talk about tonight's events.

"Good Evening lovlies!" I laughed as I stepped into the warm apartment from the cold hallway.

"Finally!" They yelled, running over to me and mauling me in a group hug.

Those two girls and I had known each other since 9th grade, but got closer in junior year, and we had promised that when we all graduated we would move to New York City together. We had been through a lot together in highschool, college, and young adult life. Those years I have spent with these two girls have been the greatest.

Claire grabbed the phone and ordered in Chinease so we could all eat while we were getting ready. Standing in front of my closet, I furrowed my brow as trying to decide on what shoes to wear tonight. Then I saw my favorite pair of heels that matched my long sleeve, black lace cut out dress, my solid black loubiton bootie's that I bought myself after getting my first story turned into a movie. The black was a good way to go because it shouwed off my new blonde highlights.

Hoping in the shower I began to wash my freckled body. Letting the scorching water run over my body. I couldn't help but smile that was plastered across my face, I was ending the horrible year with a break up with a group of the four people that love me the most...well right next to my family....

I relived all the high point as I rinsed the last of the conditioner from my hair. Wrapping a towl around my body I used another to dry my hair a bit.

"A whole four years" Claire sighed happily from her bed. "We've been here four entire years."

A giggled escaped from my smile, "It's so crazy to think we've been here that long already. It feels like it was just yesterday that we were seniors talking about our future"

Standing up from her bed, Claire made her way to me and pulled me into a hug. The two of us stayed like that for a while. She, though I was close with Maya too, had beena the one I was the closest with. We had been through a lot together, family members deaths, boyfriends, and bullying. As we let go of each other I saw happy tears in her eyes. This really had been an amazing four years.

Sauntering into the bathroom I dried my hair quickly and ran my straightner through my hair, then pulling it into a high pony. Stil lin my towel, I started to put on my makeup while the Claire and Maya finished their food. I was too damn giddy to eat. After smoothing on my red lipstick, I grabbed my long sleeve dress, tights, and began to dress. Picking up my heels from the closest, I made my way out to the living room where the girls were.

"You look amazing Nellie" Maya squeled pulling me into her laugh.

"Totally" Claire agreed, "If you don't pull a guy tonight I will be completley surprised."

The three of us laughed at her comment as Claire and Maya finished getting dressed.

Being her flashy and confident self, Claire found a strapless sparkly dress that she wore under a blazer, with red pumps.

Then Maya, her classy self, came out in a bright red strapless dress that had pockets, gold heels, and a black blazer.

After all getting dressed and grabbing our coats, the three of us gathered in the kitchen, grabbing shot glasses. Claire poured a bit of whiskey into each of them before she began.