Chapter 9

"Hey girls!" I said cheerfully, walking into the shop as my heels clicked on the black tile.

"Hey girlie" Maya said with a smile as she gave me a hug while Claire flashed a smile as she finished icing some cupcakes for Mindy and Declan, as the early spring sun was setting.

As Maya pulled away from our hug, her eyes bugged out. "Why the hell are you wearing that dress and those heels? Those are only worn together if you're trying to impress someone. Awe Noelle, please don't tell me you're trying to impress Declan...he's with Mindy"

I took a look at her, then Claire who shrugged, then back at my outfit.

I was wearing a black colared dress with my red pumps, and blazer....I was caught...this was my "impressed?" Outfit.

"Oh you little leprechaun you!" I laughed awkwardly, making Claire giggle a little because she was the one that had lived in Ireland for most of her life until middle school when she moved to the states with her parents. 

"Noelle."

"Okay...you got me Maya. Declan wanted to take me out to dinner tonight for thanking me bringing Sophie back. It's a friendly dinner..." I finished trailing off.

"See Noelle! I told you this was going to happen. You've started to develop feelings for this dude, and have fallen in love with his daughter. In two weeks they're getting married, and then going to their honeymoon in Australia. Then he's gone. That's why we don't get close to clients" Maya said was a rare stern tone.

"Maya you're right. But something just seemed off with Mindy...and I don't feel comfortable with the way she treats Sophi-"

"Noelle you're not Sophie's mom!" Maya yelled,startling Claire and I.

"I understand but-"

"Hey ladies!!" Declan cheered through the shop door, instantly shutting our previous conversation up.

"Did I interrupt something ladies?" He asked raising an eyebrow.

"No Declan, just girl stuff"

"Oh okay. Well if it's okay with Maya and Claire, may I take you out to dinner now?" Declan smiled to them,as if they were my parents.

"Have her home by ten and no funny business!" Claire joked.

"Yes Ma'am" he smiled.

All Maya did was give me a "remember what we said" look, and then Declan and I were on our way to dinner.

"So where are we Declan?" I smiled as we pulled up to a restaurant in manhattan.

"Do you really want to know?" He smirked

"Yes"

"Do you really, really, really want to know?" He smirked once again, I couldn't help but giggle.

"Yes!!!"

"My friend and I's restaurant" he said cool as a cucumber as I walked in front of him and into his friends restaurant. It was a trendy, hip restaurant, but was also a little intimate. You got the best of both worlds essentionally. 

"Hey mate how's it going?" An english guy about my age said as he shook Declan's hand, and then gave him a man hug. 

"Oh where are my manners? Hello darling, my names Frankie Howard, I'm the owner of this lovely establishment that you and my mate are standing in right now" He smiled, shaking my hand. 

"Nice to meet you Frankie, Noelle" I smiled.

"What a lovely name for a lovely girl" Frankie smiled.