C H A P T E R 1

Sivaangi stared at the foreign image reflected on the mirror. The shiny black mermaid silhouette dress hugged her body tightly, highlighting her womanly curves that usually gets hidden under her modest choice of clothes.

But today she looked like anything but modest. She looked elegant. She looked alluring. She looked sexy.

She was nothing close to the "enga veetu pillai" Sivaangi that the entire Tamilnadu adored and celebrated 2 years ago.

This is the finest singer Sivaangi who just returned from Singapore after completing her higher degree. She's transformed into this mature and prudent lady who had pretty much lost the angelic innocence she was gifted with that once made everyone fall in love with her.

Running her fingers through her freshly straightened hair, she kept breathing in and out as an attempt to calm herself down. Today would be a big night and she was being a nervous mess. She's making her first ever public appearance ever since her sudden 2 years hiatus from the industry.

Sivaangi's career graph was a very interesting one. Initially she didn't have a fantastic start when she participated in Super Singer as people accused her of being fake and a product of nepotism. Despite the hatred thrown at her, she went on to take part in Cook With Comali which was the game changer as audience finally understood her innocent, child-like nature . But the real deal-breaker was truly the second season of Cook With Comali where she gained a loyal fanbase who showered her with immense love. Sivaangi was in fact the most followed television personality at that time. She was at the pinnacle of her career and that was when she ran away from everything.

Who knows where she would have been if she had actually stayed and took up every opportunity that came her away?

Not only did she disappear from the industry, but she also became completely inactive in social platforms, leaving her loyals fans and supporters in the dark.

Tonight, in the SIIMA Awards she's asked to perform her brand new song for the very first time on stage. As hesitant as she was, after much coaxing from her manager, she decided to take up this challenge. How long can she continue hiding? She used education as an excuse for the past 2 years and now that it's over, she needs to sort out her life.

And she thought the very first step to get her life straight is to do what she is most passionate about. To sing. In all honesty, she's just testing the waters. She wants to see for herself if singing on stage is still giving her the same happiness it did 2 years back. She is also curious on how the public will react, are people still there to support her or have they completely forgotten about her existence?

So tonight is going to be an experiment that will determine her future.

Her train of thoughts came to a halt when a man all dressed up in a tux, entered the room with a small smile. "Ready?"

She returned his smile, nodding her head. Sam Vishal was one of the few people who still remained a constant in her life which she was extremely thankful for. "Ready thaan. Konjam nervous-ah iruku."

(Ready but slightly nervous.)

"Tomorrow you're gonna be in the headlines of every news channel, avlo azhaga iruka."

(That's how pretty you are.)

She chuckled, rolling her eyes as if she wasn't convinced with her friend's statement. Little did she know that she will definitely be in the headlines but just not for the reason he stated.

...

Naa naanaa ketten yennai naane
Naan neeya nenjam sonnathe

Munbe vaa en anbe vaa
Oone vaa uyire vaa