C H A P T E R 4

It was a silent drive back home for Ashwin. He didn't bother turning on any music. The sound of the raindrops hitting against his windows were sufficient background noise for him.

"Ashwin, getting over you was the hardest thing I had to do. I don't think I can do it again."

Those words kept ringing inside his head even though it's been 3 days since the night at the party. The crushed look of hers when she made that statement, it will forever be etched in his memory and come back to haunt him even in his sleep.

Just what have he done to her?

Frustration built up in him, he felt the urgent need to just scream his heart out.

Just a week ago when he saw her in the award show, Ashwin felt like he won the bloody lottery. As cliche as it may sound, Ashwin thought the universe was bringing him back to the person he was destined with.

With his girl.

But what if she's actually not?

What if this is just the universe trying to punish him for being the douchebag he was in the past?

This is the closest he has been to her physically in the past 2 years and yet he has never felt more distant than this.

Even during those days when he had no idea about her whereabouts, he didn't feel this way. Somehow he always felt her presence in him. With him. He felt the presence of the magic she created in him and that was enough to get through those days.

Now, Sivaangi is right there in front of him but he just can't feel his Sivaangi. He just can't reach her heart no matter what.

She has put up walls that Ashwin is failing to penetrate through. He's afraid of even trying, worried that he may end up hurting her even more in the process of bringing down those walls.

Interrupting those miserable thoughts, his phone started ringing. He sighed deeply taking a look at the caller ID before swiping to answer.

"Sollu machan."

(Yes bro.)

"Yen da ivlo low battery ah iruka?" He heard Rakshan's concerned tone from the other end.

(Why do you sound so low?)

"Yenniki full battery ah irundhen inniki low ah iruka? Nee yedhuku call pannanu sollu."

(When have I ever sounded high for me to sound low now? What's the matter?)

Rakshan hummed and said, "Sony oru album la feature panna offer panranganu sonnala?"

(Remember you told me that Sony was offering you to be featured in an album?)

"Aama, I'm still thinking about it. Because already movie shoot poitu iruku, album ku dates set aagamanu therila."

(Yeah but I'm still thinking about it. Since I'm currently still working on my movie, I don't know if an album project can fit in my schedule.)

"Movie shooting stop panna kuda paravala, nee album la act panniye aaganum."

(Even if it means that you need to stop filming your movie, you have to take up the album project.)

Ashwin frowned at the absurdity he was hearing. "Yen da apdi?"

(Why is that so?)

"Machan the singer for the album song is Sivaangi da, the recording and shooting will be in Bangalore. Idhu thaan chance. Odaney kelambu Bangalore ku, single ah poitu couple ah vanga."