C H A P T E R 9

"Olunga yedu!" Sivaangi demanded her cousin as she tried her best to stand still for a pose.

(Take it properly!)

Her cousin crouched down, lifting her phone from an odd angle causing Sivaangi to whine loudly. "Andha angle ah yen height romba kammi ah theriyum! Olunga yedudi!"

(I would look too short from that angle, take it properly!)

This is what has been going on for the past 15 minutes and Sivaangi knows she's getting on her cousin's nerves but it is not everyday that she dresses up this gorgeously. She looked too good for her own eyes that it would be a crime to not capture a decent picture of herself.

The navy blue designer saree paired with a matching quarter sleeves sheer blouse enhanced her feminal curves as she let the Pallu flow from her shoulders gracefully. Sivaangi didn't go easy with the accessories either, she had skilfully picked out a tremendous pair of diamond jhumkas together with a set of oxidised silver bangles. The tiny bindi on her forehead was a beautiful addition, it highlighted her entire look.

Sivaangi looked like she could be featured on the cover of Vogue India and people would applaud.

Her mother stared in awe for a few seconds before fussing over her hair, suggesting her to put it in a braid or use a pin at least for a neat look. However Sivaangi loved her wavy hair that was on fleek so she let it free, making her appear to be chic and enticing.

Honestly Sivaangi is not too sure if she was putting in so much effort solely for her sweet brother's wedding reception or it got something to do with one of the guests who will definitely be there to lighten up the arena.

Shame hit her when her family complimented her and the first thought that came to her mind was Ashwin. Why is she being this way? Since when did she start acting like the main character of a cliche enemies to lovers trope? What has that man done to her?

She can't remember if she was this much dedicated to dolling herself up even when they were dating but now that they're not together anymore, the need to glow and shine in front of him was overpowering her rationality.

As ridiculous as it sounds, she wanted to show him a glimpse of what he had lost.

Yes, Sivaangi was petty and bitter. And she didn't care. These are pent up feelings and emotions that she's kept away even from herself for so long. Now that she's finally getting a space to liberate them, she is going all out.

But of course she would never admit this to anyone even if the earth swallows her up.

Her train of thoughts came to a halt when she heard her mother saying lowly to her cousin. "Nalla photo ah yedu, Surya veetula ketanga."

(Take a nice picture, Surya's folks were asking for one.)

"Kaduppu aayiduven ma." She snapped in irritation. "Yethana vaati solrathu-"

(I would seriously get pissed. How many times do I have to-)

"Seri okay yaarukum send pannala, again start pannadha. Nee kelambu, yaaru kuda pora?" Her mother quickly distracted her from the topic, not wanting to sour up her mood.

(Okay fine I won't send it to anyone, please don't start again. Get going, who are you going with?)

"Pugazh anna kuda thaan. He's on the way." She replied, nervously walking to and fro in the saree to get used to the feeling. The last thing she wanted was to trip and fall.