C H A P T E R 12

Unedited- so if you find any typos sorry in advance🙏🏻

Enjoy! You might really like this one😌

~~~•••~~~

Rakshan sat cross legged on his bed and watched his friend standing in front of the mirror for the past 20 minutes, still working on his hair that really didn't require this much of efforts at all.

"Seven." He counted out loud, causing Ashwin to twist his head and give him a look.

"Yenna seven?"

(What seven?)

"It's the seventh round of torturing your hair. Adhuku vaai irundha aludhurom, nee yenda adha ipdi paada paduthura? Pakathu street la ulla restaurant ku dinner porom, yedho un kalyanam reception ku kelambura feel kudukura?"

(Your hair would beg to be left alone if it has the ability to talk, why are you torturing it like this? We're just gonna have dinner at the restaurant down the street, why are you making it seem like you're getting ready for your wedding reception?)

Ashwin still focused on his reflection, adjusting his hair in a way that made him look more appealing according to his mind. "Adhulam unaku sonna puriyathu. Naa unna coffee vaanga sonnana, vaanguniya? Thala vali uyir podhu."

(You won't get it. Anyways did you get coffee? My head is killing me.)

"Restaurant la vaangi kuduchikalam, nee seekiram vaa." Rakshan groaned as tied his shoelaces.

(We can get coffee at the restaurant, let's go quick.)

He took out his phone and called up his beloved sister who was just a door away. "Yenna thangam ready ah? Naa ready thaan. Inga oru loosu kita matikitu iruken, sevullaya naalu vecha seri aayidum. Indha vandhurren."

(You ready sweetie? I'm ready but I'm just stuck here with a man who has gone nuts. Giving him a few tight slaps might bring him back to normal. I'll see you soon.)

Glaring, he put down his phone and looked at his friend who was still busy with his hair while pretending that he never heard a single word of Rakshan. "Yebba dei ava ready aagi veliya wait pannitu iruka, andha bollywood artist vandhu perform panrathuku munnadi olunga nee vandhudu. Ipdiye pannitu irundha, avan correct panni kalyanam panni honeymoon ke kelambiduvan."

(She's all ready, waiting for us outside. At this rate the bollywood artist might woe her, get married and leave for his honeymoon.)

After a few more times of messing and setting his hair, Ashwin was finally dragged out of the room by Rakshan.

Ashwin's eye immediately stopped at Sivaangi who was leaning by the wall, looking like an actual doll in her simple but chic outfit which consisted of skinny jeans and a burgundy layered top. Looks like he wasn't the only one who put in so much effort for merely a team dinner.

Her eyes locked with his and that's how they greeted each other. Words were pretty much useless when eyes can do all the job.

Quietly, she handed a paper cup to him and he raised his eyebrow. She simply responded,"coffee."

Rakshan gasped. "Ipdi oru wavelength ah?"

(What a wavelength?)

Her lips curved into a tiny smile at that but she quickly hid it and  gently pushed the cup into his palm.