C H A P T E R 3

She sipped on her morning coffee, the bitter taste awakening her brain to be active for the day. Scrolling through Instagram early in the morning was a bad decision especially when the feed was just full of pictures that bothered her peace of mind.

"Kulu kulu couple back in the game again!"

"Ashwin Kumar confessing his undying love for his ex-girlfriend, Sivaangi Krishnakumar."

"Ashwin Kumar sweeps Sivaangi off her feet on stage."

"Ashwin Kumar and Sivaangi used to be a thing!"

All the captions and headlines just gave her a severe headache. Media is worse than an unfed wild animal, it is always hungry for gossip. And this man just gifted them with a juicy piece of scandal to devour for God knows how long. What made Sivaangi even more furious was how he just dragged her into this mess.

All he had to do was give a typical speech and thank his fans for the support. Why create a drama for the world to take pleasure in?

"Did you meet him backstage? What did he say?"

Sivaangi heard her cousin, Shruti questioning her but her eyes were still fixed on her phone screen. She was on Twitter now only to find theories about her love life spreading like wildfire. A hashtag that used to be her happy place was trending again after so long.

Sivaangi shook her head. "I didn't stop to converse or catch up with him. I don't think I can do that."

"You still got feelings for him?"

Now that immediately caused Sivaangi to pause and look up at her cousin. "What?"

"Innum love panriya?" Shruti enunciated each word clearly.

(You still love him?)

"Panna kudathunu thaan vilaguren." Sivaangi walked off the terrace before she was bombarded with anymore questions.

(I'm keeping away from him to avoid exactly that.)

Those questions just scared her because it makes her think about him and that's exactly what she doesn't want to do.

According to Sivaangi, feelings or emotions shouldn't matter here. What's done is done. 2 years ago they decided to part ways and it shall remain that way. It is foolish to start over something that was deliberately broken off. And Sivaangi didn't want to make a fool out of herself.

She took a deep breath and put her hair into a ponytail before accessing her official Instagram account that she stayed away from ever since her hiatus.

Her last post was on her 21st birthday. Reading back the caption made her chuckle humourlessly. She was really a lovesick puppy and she had proudly showcased it to the world.

Just how naive she was to think that Ashwin was the love of her life? The dreams her younger self had...to get married, to have a family, to spend the entire life with that man.

All of that simply made her laugh now. Except that anyone can tell how much pain that laughter holds.

Shaking off all that, she made a post to announce her comeback. Sivaangi chose a few snaps from last night and carefully penned down the caption.

"I am learning to love the sound of my feet walking away from things that are not meant for me. I am back Makkaley️🙏"

Just as she was done with the post, her phone rang. The unknown number gave her the jitters. "Hello?"

"Hello Sivaangi, Simbu here. This is my personal number ma."