C H A P T E R 7

"Vendam vendam vendam! Idhoda indha topic ah stop pannunga, illati naa aduthu vera yedhavudhu country ku odi poiruven!"

(No no no! Drop this topic at once or I'm gonna run off to some other country.)

Sivaangi was done. Born with a silver spoon in mouth, Sivaangi has always gotten her way for anything and everything ever since she was young.

From picking her toys to the choice of collage and career, she was given utmost freedom to do what her heart wants. No pressure, no expectations. Her family allowed her to fly around anywhere she wishes like a butterfly.

Which is precisely why she couldn't understand their unusual behaviour regarding this particular issue. Her parents were being adamant on making her meet some guy as a prospective partner.

She has made it clear that she wasn't interested in marriage, at least not for now.

Her mom's response to that was quite simple. "Ippo yenna nalakey unna kalyanam panna solroma? Just meet pannu, get to know him. Unakku pudicha aprom yennanu yosikalam. Pudikalana vitralam."

(Why are you reacting like we're asking you to get married tomorrow itself? Just meet him, get to know him. If you like him we can proceed, if not we can drop this topic.)

She put her mug down with a loud thud, causing both her parents to scrunch their nose in discomfort. "Yenaku pudikala."

(I don't like him.)

"Pakamale pudikalana yepdi? Orey oru thadava meet pannudi." Binni tried coaxing her daughter.

(How can you say that before even meeting him? Just meet him once.)

Sivaangi pushed her mother's hand away. "Mudiyathu ma, naa serious ah solren. Naa yevanayum meet panna maaten."

(I can't, I'm serious about this. I am not meeting anyone.)

With that she stormed off. Binni sighed and looked at her husband. "Iva sari varuvanu yenaku thonala, neenga avangaluku hope kudukama immediate ah call panni sollidunga avaluku interest illanu."

(I don't think this will work out, don't give them false hope. Call them up immediately and tell them she isn't interested.)

Krishnakumar shook his head. "Pesi pathu sari varalana, namma vera method la vara vaikanum. Naa pathukuren."

(If it isn't working out after verbal attempt then we need to find other ways to make it work. I'll handle this.)

...

"Aaga motham already kovama irundhavala innum gaandu aakivituruka?" Rakshan asked a rhetorical question as the friendly duo drove under the dark sky.

(Basically you've messed up and angered the woman who's already furious with you?)

Ashwin nodded meekly. "Venumnu pannala machan."

(Didn't do it on purpose.)

"Correct, venumna pannirka maata. Ava unaku venam."

(Doesn't seem that way to me.)

Ashwin turned to glare.

"Moraikadhada, unna pathaley therichu odura avaley friends ah irukalamnu ketruka, this was your only chance! Oru handshake ah kuduthu okay sollirundha inneram ipdi polamba thevaye illa."

(Stop glaring, she used to run far away from you when she sees you but she herself proposed this friendship idea. You wouldn't be in this pitiful state right now if you had just accepted the handshake.)