C H A P T E R 6

Sivaangi could literally feel every second ticking by slowly as they stared at each other.

Her question still hung in the air, unanswered. Her hand still stuck out towards him, waiting for him to take it and forge an alliance to keep peace between them.

It would be a lie to say that Sivaangi was confident when she popped such a question, she wasn't fully expecting him to simply oblige and make things easy.

Maybe he would throw a tantrum. Maybe he would ridicule her request. Maybe he would get upset.

There were endless possibilities. Because what she was asking out of him wasn't a piece of cake.

Being friends with people is something that comes to her naturally. But being friends with the man that used to mean the world to you is dangerous and scary. Some may even call it stupid.

Sivaangi wasn't completely sure if she was being reasonable but she would rather be with him in a comfortable space as a friend than to give him the stinky eye and drown in an intolerable pain everytime he's in the vicinity.

As if God finally felt merciful for all the absurd misery he put the duo through, the elevator doors were forcefully pulled apart as they were greeted by a number of worried faces.

Sivaangi immediately brought back her hand to herself and stood up. She couldn't help but feel disappointed on how this ended without some sort of conclusion. She secretly had hoped things would have somehow changed between them for the better by the time they got out of the lift. But it looks like she has made it even more complicated now.

Simbu gushed over to her, pulling her into a warm, brotherly hug. Despite being squashed inside his arms, her eyes moved to the figure that just stepped out of the lift too. She was hoping he'll look at her and maybe convey his response now. But not once his eyes landed on her.

The music director checked on him, before Simbu released her and took his time with Ashwin.

Simbu apologized profusely even though he wasn't at fault even the slightest for a technical malfunction. He assured them that they'll just postpone the meeting to another day and insisted them to go back home.

Ashwin quickly said his goodbyes to everyone except her, deliberately leaving her name out and exited the building.

Simbu who has little but significant knowledge on the nature of Ashwin and Sivaangi's relationship gave a gentle smile and nudged her. "Neeyum kelambu da, tired ah irukala."

(You should go also, you seem very tired.)

Slowly nodding, she walked out. Relief hit her when she spotted her family's car waiting outside with their driver. She assumed it was her mother's doing which she was grateful for as she truly did not want to waste more time waiting for a cab.

Right then, she found him standing by his car and it was a reflex reaction to roll her eyes.

He gave her the cold shoulders inside for no apparent reason but wouldn't leave until he sees her off safely.

Typical Ashwin.

Not having the energy to bother anymore, she decided to leave without instigating another squabble as tempting as it was.

When her car was completely out of sight, Ashwin got in his car. Just before he could drive off, the security guard came running and knocked on his window.

Confused, Ashwin winded down his window with a questioning look. "Sir, idhu unga mobile ah nu paarunga. Lift la kadanthuchu."

Ashwin's eyes widened when he saw his phone in the safe hands of the security guard. "Medhuva pesu na...ketra podhu!"