C H A P T E R 10

"Safe ah poitu vaa, Surya kuda varanaala thaan dhairiyama anapuren." Binni said, pulling Sivaangi into a hug.

(Travel safely, I'm feeling assured only because Surya is going along with you.)

Surya smiled, placing her luggages inside the trunk of his car. Sivaangi glared at her mother. "Naa pogava, vendama?"

(Do you want me to go or not?)

"Seri di naa yedhuvum sollala. Happy ah poitu vaanga rendu perum."

(Fine, I won't say anything. Both of you have a good time and enjoy yourself.)

"Naanga onnum honeymoon pola okay va? Nee konjam performance ah kammi pannu." She scowled, making her way into the car.

(We're not going for our honeymoon. Please tone it down a little.)

"Naa pathukuren aunty, neenga worry pannathinga." Surya assured the older woman, portraying the gentleman he is.Waving goodbye to Binni through the window, the duo finally drove out to the airport for their eventful trip to Bangalore.

(I'll take care aunty, don't worry.)

Initially Sivaangi didn't feel too comfortable when Surya offered to drive her to the airport since they've only met once before and she feels quite overwhelmed with his overly friendly nature. He's undoubtedly a great person to chat with but she isn't sure if she can trust him yet. But after much persuasion from her father, she decided to accept the offer since either way she needs a ride due to her inability to drive.

If her father trusts a man, then she can trust him too.

Right?

"News paathiya?" His question interrupted her flow of thoughts as she turned towards him.

(Saw the news?)

"Yenna news?"

(What news?)

"About Ashwin."

Curious, she logged into her social media account and tried to find what he was referring to. If this was another undignified new channel gossiping about an alleged relationship brewing between Ashwin and Aditi, Sivaangi couldn't care less but the only problem was, it was not.

This time, it was an actual news.

A remarkable film maker has openly stated that he wouldn't be working with Ashwin anymore even though they've signed a movie together, claiming that the actor's attitude in the set is a complete turn off.

Oblivious to her distraught state, Surya chuckled and said,"ippo puridhu yen avan thirupi album la work panna agree pannanu."

(now I understand why he accepted again to work in the album.)

Despite the lack of attention from her side, he smugly continued talking. "Already sign panna oru movie kai vittu poiduchula adhaan venamnu sonna album ippo venum."

(He lost the movie he was supposed to be casted in, so now he wants the album that he initially rejected.)

Sivaangi frowned at the distaste behind his tone. He noticed her visibly upset form and was quick to question. "Naa yedhavudhu thappa sollitana?"

(Did I say something wrong?)

"Oru tharoda mulusa five minutes kuda pesama ivlo assume panni avara pathi pesuringa, adhu correct ah irukumnu nenakiringala?"