C H A P T E R 8

"Oh my god, I can never stop crying every time i watch the last episode! It just broke my heart!"

"Right? You know it will break your heart but you will still rewatch because you love the pain!"

"Exactly! The amount of times I've rewatched Moon Lovers is unhealthy, yenga amma kuda kepanga yethana vaati pathadhey paapanu."

(even my mom will ask how many times will you keep watching something you've already watched.)

"Only K-drama fans will understand it."

The conversation kept going on and on but all Ashwin could hear was blah blah blah because he wasn't paying attention to the content, all he could comprehend was this random man completely taking all of Sivaangi's attention just because he has some knowledge regarding Korean Dramas. And maybe a little knowledge about certain netflix shows. And a bit of insight when it comes to food blogs.

Yes, they had a lot in common and  were having an amazing time together for two people who just met an hour ago.

Clenching his teeth, Ashwin watched the duo from the side of the studio trying his best to keep up a neutral face. Rakshan who was sticking close to his side kept staring at them too with amusement.

"Idhuku thaan yedhu pannalum plan panni pannanum. Kadavul plan pannuvarunu confident ah pesuniya, this is kadavul's brand new plan for today! How is it machan?"

(This is why you should always plan, you confidently said God will plan for you right?  This is what God has planned for today, how is it bro?)

Ashwin turned to glare with his fiery eyes. "Vara kovathuku yenna pannuvanu theriyadhu, vaya mooditu iru."

(Shut the hell up or I don't know what I would do to you.)

Rakshan laughed gleefully. "Sivaangi hitting off with people who she just met is normal da but indha bollywood artist equal ah tough kuduthu pesuran paaren. Ivangalukulla yedho onnu irukuda!"

(It isn't a surprise that Sivaangi is hitting off well with people who she just met but the fact that the bollywood artist is equally entertaining her! They've got something going on for sure!)

Now Ashwin really looked like he could murder someone. "Yennada iruku?! Yedhavudhu chumma olaruna saavaaduchiduven!"

(The hell is going on! Seriously stop spewing nonsense!)

"Tension aagadhada! Reality ah purinjikitu formula ah change pannu. Nethu varaikum this was a one man show, you had all the time in the world to mend things in your own pace but from tonight onwards you have a competitor. Nee oru sadharna candidate just like Surya so start playing your game instead of relying on Kadavul setting because Kadavul will only set things for people who earn it."

(Stop getting triggered! Understand the reality and change your formula. Until yesterday this was a one man show, you had all the time in the world to mend things in your own pace but from tonight onwards you have a competitor. You're a normal candidate now just like Surya so start playing your game instead of depending on God to do his magic because God only sets things for people who earn it.)

Rakshan patted Ashwin's shoulder gently before walking off, leaving him alone to continue witnessing the duo bonding together.

...

"Idhu unga vela dhana?" Sivaangi stared at her parents.

(You've got something to do with this right?)

It didn't take her long to figure out who Surya was, the moment he stated that he was the son of the legendary director, realisation hit her. That was the exact description her parents have been giving for the prospective groom they've been trying to make her meet.