C H A P T E R 11

"Ashwin and I are sitting together." More than the spectators who were shocked, the man himself gave off the biggest reaction with his eyes widened as he stared at her in disbelief. Ashwin was unsure if this was really happening or he was part of a dream that he never wishes to wake up from.

"W-We are?" He asked and when she glared at him with her fiery eyes, he immediately turned back to the rest of them, nodding his head vigorously. "Yes we are!"

The producer gave them a sweet smile, undeniably happy at the fact that his old ship seemed to have started sailing again.

The rest of the team were all smiley and cheery too, and proceeded to discuss the seating arrangements. Nobody was bothered except just two people.

Aditi was fuming as her plan to release some fresh airport pictures with Ashwin just to create more buzz among fans was completely ruined now. There's no way she can be close to Ashwin or at least pretend to be when Sivaangi is right beside him acting like a shield.

Now social media will be on fire if pictures of the evergreen, trending pair circulate around. The fandom that was once silenced will rise from their graves to take over their kingdom. Every on screen pair of Ashwin will be forgotten. No matter how romantic, quixotic or attractive a pair looks, nothing stands a chance in front of the couple that exudes a magical aura every time they're together.

History will repeat itself and that subsequently turns out to be a disadvantage for Aditi who leeches off Ashwin's fame and fans for support to uplift her own career.

Gritting her teeth, she stomped off while her assistant made a pathetic excuse for her before running after her.

Surya on the other hand just remained there, staring at the duo with displeasure that he didn't intend to even hide.

He was all set to make a grand public appearance for the first time with Sivaangi and now his plan is completely futile.

What bothered Surya wasn't the fact that Sivaangi didn't sit with him, but the fact that she chose to sit with Ashwin over him. In what ways is Ashwin more appealing than himself? Surya doesn't understand but he is more than determined to not give up.

He is more than ready to do anything to get Sivaangi on his side not because he's in love with her beauty, character or singing. To him, Sivaangi is not just a desirable woman. She is a brand. And merging with that brand will enhance his reputation in more than one way.

Surya was ready to go to any lengths to own that brand. But for now he'll let Ashwin enjoy it for a short time.

...

Sivaangi was someone who's known to always act on impulse. She's the kind of woman who lives in the moment, rarely think about the future.

But she learnt the art of self control and being cautious especially when she decided to go through life on her own for the past 2 years.

She returned as a truly reformed woman.

But this man right here has the power to bring the real her out, he brings life to her. When it comes to Ashwin, she is raw and passionate.

Protecting him feels like an obligation even though she knows very well that she has every right to walk away, especially considering the current status of their relationship which is pretty much ambiguous.

But in Sivaangi's mind all she could think of is, 'if not me, then who?'

Who else will be there for him? Who else is going to do everything in their power to keep him safe? Who else will be willing to risk anything to guard him? Who else will be a shield that takes any blows just so Ashwin doesn't suffer?