C H A P T E R 15

The recording session went much better than what Sivaangi had expected. Surya had been nothing but professional the whole time.

She felt quite sceptical when he first asked her to come with him to the studio since he needed her to record again a number of lines. She felt especially uneasy when she realised the rest of the team wouldn't be there.

It's just going to be the music director, Surya and her. Just that idea alone suffocated her because Sivaangi had unknowingly developed a strong distaste for the man. She couldn't put into words what exactly was wrong with him, but he was the kind of men that Sivaangi would usually steer clear of.

It took a lot of efforts to firmly reject Ashwin's offer when he insisted on coming along with her to the studio.

With him in the vicinity, she would feel the safest. But she didn't want to rely on him when she knows very well it is impossible for him to be available 24/7 to play her knight in shining armour.

Sivaangi preferred to take care of herself without depending on anyone.

And thankfully, today was not a day that required her to really fight anyone. So far everything went smoothly and Yuvan left feeling satisfied.

Sivaangi started putting away her things, ready to leave, when Surya sweetly asked. "Full song kekuriya? Your voice sounds so heavenly, by far this is your best!"

(You wanna listen to the whole song?)

She couldn't say no when he uttered such lovely words about something that means so much to her.

With a polite smile, she nodded. "Okay sure, play pannunga."

(Play it.)

Her eyes lit up brightly as she moved her head according to the tune, completely feeling the song with her entire being.

Sivaangi knows generally she has a good voice but there's this scientifically unexplainable thing about her singing for Ashwin, where her voice just sounds a million times more euphonious. When she has that man in mind, her heart means every word that she sings out and there is soul in the song. The soul of the unadulterated love that blossomed between them.

Grinning widely, she turned to Surya in excitement. "Nejamavey romba nalla vandhurku!"

(It really has come out well.)

His face imitated the happiness she glowed with. "Nee padi nalla varama irukuma? You are really gifted Sivaangi. And I  wanna apologise for being a douchebag the other day when I commented on your singing. It's just that I've seen too many incompetent star kids who made it big simply because of their family name, adhaan oru nimisham unna misjudge panniten. Ippo puridhu yen Ashwin was acting so protective, ivlo talent irukura oru person ah naa underestimate panna kovam vara thana seiyum. Later I should apologise to him too."

(Of course thanks to your voice! I've misjudged you for a moment because I thought you're like all those untalented star kids. Now I understand why Ashwin as so protective that day, underestimating such a talented person would obviously make him angry.)

She nodded in assurance. Maybe he wasn't as bad as she had thought. At least he's readily admitting his mistakes once he realised them. That's commendable. It would be unfair to continue judging him for things that he already apologised for.