Chapter-10

That day when Veronica and Vernon were coming back home, Veronica asked him, "Vernon tell me the truth. Why did you pay the coach today?" "Didn't the coach tell you about it?", asked Vernon. Veronica angrily said, "He told me but I would like to listen from you. I lied to the police so that I could save you." Vernon had tears in his eyes. He said, "It is better that some questions go unanswered. I didn't want anyone to know the truth but now as you are demanding I'll tell you. I love Jasmine. That day I proposed her but she rejected me and proposed Daniel. I felt so hurt. I just wanted to take revenge by beating him in swimming championship but I didn't murder anyone." His voice choked. Veronica calmed him down and said, "Don't worry Vernon. You are safe. I won't expose your secret. Take this money and keep it back in its place. I have something very important to do." 

Veronica gave the money to Vernon and straight away went to Sarah's place. "Sarah. Come out. We need to talk right now. Sarah.. Sarah", Veronica came shouting. Sarah came out. Veronica asked, "What the hell were you doing in school today. You were on sick leave. Don't try to act smart or else I will call the police." Sarah said nothing.

FLASHBACK-

Veronica went to take water for the coach when she dashed with someone coming out of the boys shower room. When Veronica turned up to see his face, she was shocked. "Sarah", she said. Sarah was not in her school uniform. She wore a blue sleeveless top and blue leggings. Her hair was all wet. Water was dripping from her hair. She said, "Veronica. I will explain everything later." and she ran away. Water was dripping from her bag which proved that she had something wet in it and that made it clear that Sarah was in the pool at the time of accident. That was what was disturbing Veronica. Something was definitely wrong. Was that a curse or a pre planned murder? This question was torturing Veronica

FLASHBACK ENDS

Veronica again said in a demanding tone, "Sarah do you want me to call the police and make things clear." Sarah immediately fell on Veronica's feet and said, "Please don't call the police. I didn't murder anyone. I will tell the truth." Veronica nodded her head. Sarah spoke, "I was in love with Daniel and another truth which is hidden from you is that your brother Vernon is madly in love with Jasmine. That day when we wrote the chain letters, I didn't go to fill water, rather I went to the football ground to propose Daniel. I thought it was better to confess my feelings on 'propose day' rather than some other normal day. When I entered I saw that Vernon was sitting on his knees in front of Jasmine but Jasmine rejected him and immediately confessed her feelings to Daniel and Daniel accepted her. I was broke. I wanted Daniel in my life. I went to him gave him the flowers and told him about my feelings and I also told him that if he likes Jasmine, I won't come between them but he should accept my flowers as a gift given by a friend. He said nothing. I left that place and came near the water cooler to fill our bottles, that's when the bullying started. Jasmine came and threw the flowers on my face and warned me to stay away from Daniel. I was angry and I decided for a revenge. I took a leave today so that I could enter the pool and force Daniel to love me. I had a small camera in my bag so that I could click some pictures of me and Daniel romancing in the pool and show it Jasmine. Jasmine would get angry and she would break up with Daniel and then I could try my luck on him. I went inside the pool. Daniel was doing underwater swimming I guess. I was standing on the shallow side of the pool when I felt a human leg near my feet. The skin was smooth and fully waxed I felt which made it clear that it was a girl's leg. I felt something not right so I ran out from there. I was about to run away unnoticed when you caught me. I am not responsible for any murder."

Veronica felt that Sarah didn't lie so she immediately asked her for the camera. Sarah gave it to her but there was no recording after she entered the water because Sarah forgot to put a water proof cover on it. Her camera was not in a working condition anymore. 

Veronica did not know what to do so she advised Sarah to destroy it before someone finds out as she didn't want her to unnecessarily get trapped. She also told Sarah about what had happened in school that day. She was broke hearing about Daniel's death. Veronica consoled her and the two of them promised to themselves that they won't play such foolish games like sending chain letters in future. They understood that it was really life threatening.

Though all the picture was clear but still Veronica was worried about Jasmine and and Eva. "If this was a planned murder then it would stop but if this was a curse then definitely Jasmine or Eva would receive the threat soon."

Its a long chapter I know but now the truth would come out. Veronica would soon find a solution to the mystery of the death. Stay patient and I'll update you all soon.