Chapter-18

Vernon started speaking again, "After the murder I was sure that you would come here. I wanted to overhear what would be your next step to stop these murders that is why I pretended that I was busy and then I started following you both. I then pretended that I care for you and can't let you go to the temple actually I wished you go to the temple and I'll get a chance to kill Jasmine. After the murder of Jasmine I made a plan of pushing you to the demon and then running away. That was the only way I found out to revenge Jasmine and you. Your weakness forced me to become a murderer."

Before Vernon could say anything more the three of them heard a roar. It was the black monster. The sun had already rose and the monster saw the file kept out so came looking for its prey. It came towards Veronica drooling. "Bye! Bye sister", Vernon said and laughed. But Veronica was prudent enough to act. She hid behind the tree to which Vernon was tied. Jasmine stood beside Vernon. The monster was a heavy creature so walked very slowly. By the time the demon reached Veronica, she untied Vernon and Jasmine pushed him towards the monster.

The monster got his prey and Vernon got his punishment. "Help! Help! You are my sister you can't do this.", Vernon screamed but it was to late. The monster grabbed Vernon and went to the well. Veronica hugged Jasmine and cried aloud. She felt really guilty for killing Vernon so brutally but at the same time felt pity on her classmates who died because of her brother. Also she knew that if her brother stayed alive he would definitely take lives of innocent people so his death was the best option for everyone.

The next day in the court no one found any proof against Sarah. It was proved that Alice murdered all the kids and herself committed suicide and Eva died because of a road accident. Sarah was released from the prison without any charges but she and her family decided to leave the country forever. Sarah always carried the guilt to writing chain letters which led to the death of her classmates. Veronica lied to her that it was a curse which led to the death of her classmates and she broke that curse by burning the chain letters in the holy fire.

Vernon went missing. Veronica's parents tried their best to find him. They took the help of the police to find him. The police tried to look for him for one long year and finally declared him dead though his body was not found. In this period of one year aunt Rosalind also passed away due to heart attack so there was no proof left against Veronica or Jasmine for killing Vernon.

Sarah entirely broke all the contacts with Veronica or anyone in that country after aunt Rosalind's death. Veronica and Jasmine became the best of friends. They discussed each and every secrets with each other.

FIVE YEARS LATER-

Veronica and Jasmine not only completed their high school but also their graduation successfully. Veronica always carried the guilt of playing a stupid chain letter prank which showed her brother the way to become a serial killer and took the life of many innocent people. It was her birthday that day. Jasmine and Veronica were sitting on Veronica's bed and were going through all the pictures of Veronica and Vernon. Veronica had tears in her eyes when suddenly a notification popped on her phone. Veronica opened the mail. It said,

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU.. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU.. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR LITTLE SISTER. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU.. FORWARD THIS MESSAGE TO TWO OF YOUR BEST FRIENDS ON THEIR BIRTHDAY OR ELSE YOU WILL DIE IN YOUR NEXT BIRTHDAY IN THE SAME PAINFUL WAY BY WHICH I...

~YOURS LOVINGLY BROTHER

VERNON!"

Veronica and Jasmine stared at each other in shock. "Is Vernon alive?", asked Jasmine. Veronica had no answer to this. She was speechlessly gasping at the mail.

WAS THIS DEAD VERNON'S SOUL TRYING TO SEEK REVENGE?

OR

WAS VERNON ALIVE PLOTTING A MURDER PLAN?

OR

WAS SOMEONE PLAYING A PRANK AGAIN?

THE END

So that was all. How did you like the story? Please show your support by votes and comments. For me every single vote matters. Its a matter of encouragement. Please 🙏🙏