Chapter-12

The whole night Veronica was thinking about aunt Rosalind words. She thought to herself, "Could Sarah be behind all the murders? But why?" The next day, Sarah, Veronica, Eva and Jasmine were walking to school together. Suddenly someone threw a small stone on Jasmine. "Ouch!", said Jasmine. Veronica and Eva looked at her. Eva lifted the small stone and said, "Guys, a small note is attached to it." When they read the note it was written, "Jasmine! I warned you. Now you will die by strangling of neck." "The fifth death note.", Eva sighed. Suddenly Veronica asked, "Where is Sarah?" That's when Sarah came running and said, "What is this Eva? You deliberately stepped on my shoe lace so that you all could leave me behind." Eva said, "I didn't do that. If you still feel I am wrong then I apologise." The four of them started walking on the footpath. Jasmine was closest to the road. Beside her was Eva then Sarah and on the corner was Veronica. 

While walking, Sarah fell on Eva and Eva was about to fall on the road. "I am sorry", Sarah said. "Someone pushed me from the back.", she added. Veronica gave an angry glare at her and said, "Sarah, you come on this side." Sarah and Veronica exchanged places. After walking for 10 minutes, Sarah deliberately stamped Veronica's shoe lace. "What did you do Sarah?", Veronica screamed. "I didn't do that deliberately. I am sorry Veronica.", Sarah said. 

Veronica moved aside to tie the shoe lace. Sarah, Jasmine and Eva were waiting for her. Eva was near the road, Jasmine was beside her and Sarah was standing beside Jasmine. "Aahhhh..." there was a scream. When Veronica saw up there, Eva was on the middle of the road and Jasmine on the ground and Sarah was standing just beside her. "Eva", Veronica screamed but before anyone could act, a truck dashed Eva and she was dead. Jasmine was shocked. "Call the ambulance", Sarah screamed. Veronica came close to her and gave a tight slap to Sarah. She gave her hands to Jasmine and said, "Jasmine. How did you fall down?" Jasmine started to cry. She said in a low tone, "Someone pushed me and I fell on Eva and she fell on the road. I think Sarah pushed..". Her voice choked. She hugged Veronica and began to cry. The ambulance took Eva. Jasmine, Sarah and Veronica went to the hospital. There Eva was declared dead.

"Game Over Sarah." Veronica said. "You are behind all the murders. Yesterday I thought all night and then I realised you were acting suspicious during every murder scene. Remember when Anthony was poisoned that day you spent a long time in the washroom before going to the party and when I asked you about it you said that you were suffering from constipation. Now I realise, you ran away from the washroom to poison the food. The day Kate died you told me that you wished Kate and her family died as you were jealous because she was a rich girl. During Daniel's murder also you were suspiciously found in the boys shower room and today you clearly murdered Eva in front of me and Jasmine." Sarah said, "But.. I... No.. I am not a murderer." That's when the police came. One of the policeman said, "Who is miss Veronica?" Veronica came ahead and said, "Sir! I called you to arrest my friend Sarah. She murdered Eva in front of us." Jasmine supported Veronica's statement. Then Veronica explained to them all about her suspicions about Sarah. The policeman said, "Miss Sarah. You would be in jail till we don't find the real murderer or a strong proof to prove you innocent. Two days later you will be presented in the court. The judge will decide your punishment. Till then you will be in our custody." Sarah shouted, "I didn't murder anyone. Trust me! This girl is falsely accusing me. Veronica. If you want to save Jasmine, go and meet aunt Rosalind. Don't wait till tomorrow. I am sure this is a curse." The police took away Sarah.

That day Sarah's parents came to meet Veronica. Her dad said, "My daughter is not a murderer. Please save her. She is our only child." Her mom said, "Veronica! Please find the real murderer as early as possible. By doing that you will not only save our daughter but also this poor girl.", she pointed at Jasmine. Veronica agreed to help and she and Jasmine decided to go and meet aunt Rosalind immediately.  

Hello readers! How is the chapter? I am sorry I took a bit long to update. I had been sick all these days. I am trying my best to update you all. Would definitely be regular once I am perfectly fine. Till then please be patient and do vote and comment.