Chapter IX

Chapter IX

Aiden

"Why are you going back to California? I mean I know your mate is there and all but still, why?" I ask my brother from my spot on his bed.

At the moment he was packing a bag of clothes and such for a trip to America. The only reason he told me he was going was to see Corie, his mate, which she didn't know about.

"I miss her okay, is that not a good enough reason to go? I mean gosh Aiden, come on man, I'm sure that from time to time you want to go back and she her.", Daniel says throwing his deodorant in.

He was absolutely right, there hasn't been a day that I haven't thought about going back, swimming the damned ocean to get back to her.

"Will you-"

He interrupted me saying," Yeah I'll keep an eye on her. It's not like anyone else has been."

He was talking in an almost animalistic voice as if he was angry at me.

"What is your problem? Look I know that saying those things to her was a bad idea but I thought it would keep her safe okay? It was the best I could do then."

"Bullshït! You could have stayed and at least created a bond."

"Why? What's the point? It would have hurt her when I left, and there is no way in hell she would would have come with us."

"Look, I understand you were trying to protect her then, but this isn't then, this is now. For all you know she could be getting married to another guy, pregnant with a baby, or hell, probably living on the streets for all we know, yet you are sitting here doing nothing about it!"

Daniel seemed to be the angriest I had ever seen him, and it confused me as to why he was being so protective of my mate; but either way his words struck a cord in me. He was right after all, I have no idea what has become of her. She could be living on the streets or engaged or even- God forbid- pregnant with someone else's child.

Again my own thoughts struck the weakening cord, and my wolf howled in anger. She is our mate and the mere thought of her being in bed with another man made me want to start World War III.

It's your fault! You could have stayed longer and made her fall in love, but no you just had to screw it up!

I was trying to protect her!

Protect her? Oh so leaving her in a city infested with Vampires is keeping her safe? Oh okay, I'm sorry, I didn't get the memo.

Shut up okay! I get it, I fucked up, but there is no going back on it now.

Yeah cause she is probably married and pregnant with another guy. They are probably in bed now, he's probably cooing at her tummy, to their baby. He is most likely rubbing her swollen ankles, and here you are screwing shït up like always!

Him sending images to me if Tara in bed with another man infuriated me. to no end. In an instance I was in wolf form in Daniel's bedroom, growling at my wolf for the way he was deepening the wounds.

Stop it!

I yelled my final words at my wolf, before blocking him out and running. I had to let out the anger, but more than anything, the heartbreak.

Tara

"Hello?"

I picked up the phone on the third ring, not looking at the caller ID.

"Hey, Tara, it's me, you know the guy from the grocery store."

"Oh hey! Hi! H-how are you?" I ask, I little shaky.

He chuckled sexily before replying, "I'm great now."

I blush at his little remark before saying," Um thanks, I never got your name."

"Oh yeah! Sorry about that, my name is Asher, Asher Fleming."

"A-Asher? That's a nice name." I say blushing at the fact that it suited him so well.

"So is you name, Tara."

He had a certain roll of his tongue that just complimented his slight accent very well. It had to be South American or Brazilian or something of the sorts.

"So Tara, I was wondering if maybe you wanted to go somewhere, with me, you know on Saturday? I mean you don't have to, I would just like to take you out. It can be as friends if your not interested in me and such."

He started to stumble over his words slightly at the end making me giggle lightly.

"I'd love to." I say almost airily.

"Really! That's great! Okay, yeah. I was thinking dinner? Anywhere you want, and then maybe uh, gosh I should have planned this, oh a movie? Or wait no that's so old. Bowling? No, wait I suck at that. Gosh, uh-"

"Asher, just dinner would be great."

"But I have to impress you." he says almost in a whine making me laugh.

"Oh I know! Have you ever been to a ballet recital? My cousin, she is a ballerina and she is the star of the Nutcracker, which they are performing. I'm sure she would love to meet you! Well I mean you don't have to, of course if you done want to." he takes a big breath at the end before saying," I'll shut up now."

"That sounds lovely. So will this be a casual thing or elegant?"

"I was wanting to go for elegance but if you want we can go casual."

" I think elegance would be nice, I haven't dressed up nicely since the baby bump." I say trying to make a joke of it.

"I think it's cute." he says, and I could hear the smirk on his face.

"Sure you do." I could help the tease in my voice.

With a few more jokes and laughs, Asher and I finally decided to call it a night and hang up. Though even after we had hung up, I still could not keep the smile off of my face. Though I would have if I had known Corie was about to walk in.

"What has you all smiley? A guy?"

"Yeah." I say simply.

"Is he taking you on a date?" She asks becoming more curious, "Where did you meet him?"

"Yes, this Saturday, and I met him at the Grocery store."

"Grocery store? Let me guess frozen food section?"

I giggle but shake my head no, making her hum.

"What is this date going to consist of?"

"Well what we talked about was going to see the Nutcracker, and then a nice dinner at Bancardi's" (Not sure if this is a real restaurant!)

"Damn, little shït must be loaded Huh?"

I shrug not really caring if he was or not. Then a sudden thought came over me.

"Corie I have nothing to wear!"

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

So I stopped here with a little wardrobe panic. Also who is liking the new character, Asher Fleming??

-Sara