Chapter 14: The Cherry Blossom Festival

The festival was already buzzing with a large crowd. Food vendors lined the streets, and stores were booming with business. Even with the intense crowd, everyone managed to stick together. Eri was always attached to either Mirio or Izuku with both boys fawning over her. You were doing your best to having a good time with everyone, yet Mina's words from earlier kept playing in your head on repeat.

 "Hey Y/N, you alright?" Kirishima spoke up beside you, interrupting your train of thought. You glanced up at him and then to the group that was further ahead of you.

 "Huh? Oh, yeah. I guess." You mumble, checking your phone for the hundredth time already since arriving at the festival. He rests an arm around your shoulders, tugging you against him.

 "You don't seem okay. Did you want to talk about it?" He asked worriedly. You smile half-heartedly, leaning into him. Since starting at UA, Kirishima was always very supportive of you, almost like a sibling would be.

 "Would you be scared if the person you love moved on from you if you didn't open up your heart to them?" You asked him hypothetically.

 He looked at you a little surprised by the question, but he smiles lightly, "If the guy likes you just as much back, he won't move on so easily."

 "Really?" You asked him.

 "Yeah. I don't think love can be pushed aside so easily. If you really work hard for it, he'll see the effort to." He cocks a brow at you, "Is that why you've been so gloomy since we got off the train?" He asked you.

 You sigh, "I'm sorry, I really hope I'm not ruining everything with my mood." You apologized.

 "Not at all. I think they understand something was on your mind and you just needed your space." He looks around before opening is hand, "Give me your phone."

 Without questioning him, you pass the phone over to him, "What are you doing?" You asked him curiously.

 Kirishima holds up your phone, "I'm gonna take pictures of you so you can send them to this boy and make him fall more in love with you." He said with a cheesy grin. You hesitate for a moment, looking between his face and your phone before smiling.

 "Okay." You said, letting him take the reigns. Kirishima spent a good portion of the morning taking pictures of you at the festival, even when you asked to stop after the first several pictures. When he finally passed the phone back to you, you laughing at the many blurred images in your photo gallery.

 "Hey everyone, we're stopping for a snack break up ahead before we go see the trees." Yaoyorozu turned to the group alongside Jiro, waving to get everyone's attention.

 An idea pops into your head, "Hey Kiri, can you take a picture of me and Eri together?" You asked him. He smiled at you.

 "Absolutely!" He turned toward Eri who was with Izuku and Uraraka this time, "Hey Eri, come here a sec!" Eri peeks over to him when he calls for her, letting go of Izuku's hand and runs over to Kirishima.

 "What is it?" She asked as came to a stop in front of him. You crouched down a bit to be at her level.

 "Would you like to take a picture together?" You asked her. Her eyes widened and a smile covered her face.

 "Absolutely!" She said. Kirishima smiled and looked around for a spot until he noticed a water fountain in the small plaza they were in.

 "Alright you two, go stand over there." He points over to the fountain. Eri practically drags you over to it. She stood in front of you, giddy with excitement. You rest your hands on her shoulders more so to steady the child, "Big smiles for me." He said as he held up the phone. You giggle with Eri when the shutter sound went off, "There ya go." He said with a grin and handed you your phone back. You sit on the fountain ledge, showing Eri the picture of them together.