Chapter 16: What Was Almost Lost

When Monday came around, you were cornered by your friends after ditching them at the festival to be with Aizawa. You looked at each of the faces as you were stopped at your desk that morning.

 "So, what happened?" Kirishima asked as he sat in the desk beside yours, "Did it turn out okay? You didn't speak to anyone when you got back after curfew."

 "Yeah, Eri was a little down that you took off like that without really telling us." Denki sat on the desk that Kirishima occupied. Mina walked over, standing beside you.

 "Guys, leave her alone." She stared down Denki. You rest a hand on her shoulder.

 "It's okay." You let out a breath and lean against your desk, folding your arms across your chest, "I'm sorry for deserting you guys like that without explaining as to why. It was more so a last minute impulse than anything." You chewed your lip as you avoided their gazes, "It's a bit difficult to explain, but I can at least try." You look up and meet their gazes finally, from Izuku's to Bakugou who was behind everyone and appeared not interested, but remained in the group anyways, "I've been seeing someone for awhile now..." You catch Bakugou's jaw twitch and you held up your hand when you saw Denki open his mouth, "I can't tell you who it is either. Please try to respect and understand that." He closes his mouth.

 "So it was the guy you told me about. How did it go?" Kirishima leaned closer as he listened intently.

 You blushed lightly, "You see... I met up with him to confess how I felt... So... That's why I had to leave the group..." You bow your head, "I'm sorry..."

 "You don't need to apologize, Y/N." Izuku spoke up with a kind smile on his face, "You had to do something that was very important to you."

 "Guys, we're missing the point here." Kirishima intervened again, "How did it go?" He repeated his question.

 "It did." You place your hands over your chest, "I feel a lot better now that I got it off of my chest." You smile lightly, "I haven't been this happy." There was a snort from the back, everyone peering over to Bakugou.

 "Whoa, she's actually smiling." He teased you. You huff at him.

 "What are you talking about? I smile sometimes." You said as he pushed through the crowd. He flicked your forehead, making you wince lightly.

 "Your smile this time..." His eyes softened slightly, "it seems genuine compared to the others. Was what you did mean that much to you?" He asked you. You let his words sink in this time, smiling again.

 "Yeah." You smiled up at him, watching as blush covered his cheeks and he turned his face away before anyone else could see.

 "Awe, look at that guys!" Denki chipped in, "Bakugou's blushing." He points out immediately. Bakugou stiffened when he was busted by Denki, grabbing him around the neck and sparks fly from his hand.

 "Shut it, dumbass!" Bakugou threatened him as Denki struggled to get free.

 "I think what Kacc-chan was trying to say is that we're happy for you and we don't hold it against you." Izuku moved into the space Bakugou was just in, smiling reassuringly at you. You looked at everyone, your heart swelling at their approval.

 "Thanks guys, but I have one more person to apologize to. I just hope she's just as understanding." You tell them.

 "Eri has come a long way since three years ago. If anything, she'll have a better understanding than most adults do, so don't worry too much about it." Izuku explained.

 "Thanks Izuku, I can see why Uraraka likes you so much." You say, watching as his face immediately turns red.

 "Wha-what are you saying?" He asked as he gets flustered. Everyone laughs at how easily teased Izuku could get now as Aizawa walked into the classroom with PresentMic. After taking your seat, you couldn't help but to glance in Aizawa's direction, just to catch him glancing back. His eyes soften when your eyes meet before talking to the class about your next training.