Chapter 20: Securing the Future

Summer was closing in as your class prepped for graduation. While the heat rose within and outside the classroom, it didn't melt away anyone's excitement for the end of the school year. As the final days were counted down, you were visited by one feathered unexpected guest. In the middle of one of Aizawa's lectures, the door to the classroom slid open and Hawks peeked his head inside with a wide grin on his face.

 "Heya!" He greeted cheerfully from the doorway before walking to the front of the class. Aizawa side glanced him while holding one of his textbooks open in hand.

 "Keigo, you can't just come in here and interrupt my class." Aizawa said with a bit of annoyance in his tone. Hawks put up his hands defensively.

 "Awe, come on now. I thought we're all good friends after the Ryuu operation." He points around the room at everyone, "I'm actually here to see a specific someone..." He scans over the students before his eyes settle on you, "Bingo!" He smiled as he pointed at you, "My dear Y/N, mind if I snag you for a bit?" He asked as he started walking past the desks toward yours.

 You raise a brow at him, "Can I ask where?" He chuckled as he walked up to you, leaning over you as he reached down and took your hand in his.

 "I'm taking you out on a date." He said as he pulled you out of your seat, lifted you up and slung you over his shoulder. You panicked as his hand rested over your ass to keep your skirt down. He turned to Aizawa who had weaved his scarf with his fingers as he opened up the window beside your desk, "I promise to have Cinderella back before midnight." He winked at him as he stepped on the windowsill and flew off. Aizawa's eyes widened as he sprinted over to the window as everyone else either rose from their seats to intervene or were too shocked to do anything.

 "Y/N!" He called out to you, his scarf ready when he stopped himself.

 If I grab him, he might drop her...

  You squirmed in Hawks' grasp as he flew from the school grounds, "Shota!" You screamed out, your hand out to him, but he was too far away to do anything now. Yet from the distance, you could see the pained expression on his face as Hawks carried you away to God knows where.

-----

 Hawks flew over the city until he landed in a quiet little district with a Café. With schools still in session, the streets were pretty vacant which gave you both more privacy for whatever Hawks had in mind. When he lands, he fanned out his wings before folding them in. He readjusted his hold on you, easing you to the ground. You check your footing once he released you before stomping on his foot.

 "You idiot!" You shouted at him. He winced, hopping away from you after he stepped on him.

 "Ow! I thought girls liked that sort of thing." He said.

 "Not every girls wants to be kidnapped by a damn bird." You growled at him before letting out a sigh and looking around, "What a joke. Why did you actually abduct me?"

 Hawks sat down at one of the tables, rubbing his foot as he looked over to you, "For starters, I wanted to see the look on Shota's face when I stole his girlfriend for coffee." He chuckled, seeing the look of shock on your face and gestured to the seat across from him, "Oh please, I knew from the very beginning that sparks were flying between you two before either of you did." You took a seat across from him, your arms folded across your chest, "Secondly," He pulled a file out from inside his jacket and slid it over to you, "My agency is actually interested in you."

 You peer down at the file as a waitress stepped out from the shop and walked over to your table with a pen and notepad, "Lemonade, please." You slid the file the rest of the way to you, "Your agency? Are you asking me to become a sidekick?"