Chapter 19: The Final Hero Exam

When the day of the exams finally arrived, everyone seemed more on edge than expected. Even though you were confident on paper, you had quite a bit of doubt when it came to being out in the field. You believed in your strengths, but you knew you still had weaknesses you hadn't overcome in your training with Kirishima. No matter the amount of words of encouragement you received from Mina, Kirishima and even Aizawa, you feared the worst.

 "Are you nervous, Y/N?" Kirishima asked you, peering into your face. You crossed your arms over your chest as you all waited outside the training facility. 

 "Is it that obvious?" You asked him a bit annoyed. He frowned at you, "Sorry." You peered down at your arms, seeing them tremble slightly. Kirishima inclined his head, smiling lightly as he rested a hand on your head.

 "You'll do fine. You're great at close combat." He said reassuringly, but you sighed.

 "That's it though. I don't have anything that deals with range attacks, so that's disadvantage. If I somehow get distracted, I lose all sense around me." You picked at yourself, feeling the pressure of his hand become slightly heavier on your head.

 "Then focus on your weaknesses." He said as the doors finally opened up, "We're a team. I'll help you any way I can." He winked at you before ushering you inside.

 I can't just focus on my weaknesses though...

 As you all entered the facility, you were met with a large scale sized replicated version of the city surrounding UA. You looked around curiously while keeping your ears open when someone spoke up over what you assumed was a loud speaker. When you turned your attention ahead, it was was PresentMic projecting his voice fairly well.

 "Ladies and gentlemen! Boys and girls! Welcome to your final exam!" He shouted enthusiastically,"Laid out before you is the replica of the city you are tasked to protect." He sweeps his arms over the landscape, "You and your assigned partner are tasked to rescue a civilian and take out a villain." He holds up a finger, "However, if your civilian dies under your care or by the villain before you can reach them, you fail the exam."

 Assigned partners and a time restraint without proposing one. As long as my partner isn't a moron, I should be okay.

 PresentMic pulled out a remote from his pocket, clicking the button and a large projector popped down from the ceiling, "Here are your partners. The time starts..." As the images paired together on the screen, PresentMic looked at his wrist, "now!" He smiled as a loud buzzer signified the start of the exam. As everyone dispersed at the sound of the buzzer, your eyes land on your picture and you grimaced the one sitting beside it.

 Bakugou walked past you, "Let's go, extra."

 You let out a groan as you chased after him, "Listen Bakugou, I know you like to do things your way, but this is the final exam. There's no playing around here."

 Bakugou looked around the street you're on, "I don't play around. This is how I operate. Don't like it, then fail." He said almost coldly, but he appeared to be in complete focus on the task at hand.

 You rolls your eyes, "If I fail, then so do you." You look at him, "What are you looking for?" Bakugou came to a stop when he discovered a motorcycle parked beside one of the buildings.

 "Transportation." He started making his way toward it, "Just shut up for two seconds." He said as he knelt beside it and began tampering with it. When you stepped closer, you noticed him hot wiring it. After a few seconds, the engine suddenly started and he climbed onto it and extended his hand out to you, "Get on." You raised a brow before taking his hand and climbed onto the back of it.