Man, I Feel Like a Woman

Photo source- Pinterest

--

I walked back out and Vincent and I took a nap. He told me it'd probably make me feel better. I didn't question it but I didn't really know what he meant.

When I woke up, he was already awake, watching some show on the television, the volume low. I moved out of his arms, to turn around.

"How are you?" he asked, realizing I was up.

"Fine," I mumbled.

"Let's go get something to eat," he said as he sat up, pulling me with him.

I simply nodded, allowing him to take me downstairs after I threw on shorts. I think I needed to process the fact that I wasn't a virgin anymore. A newfound woman! I didn't really feel different. I was tired but I knew that was just because I was sleeping a few minutes ago.

Other than that, I felt the same, excluding the throbbing between my legs and the sore feeling on my inner thighs. Weird. Did people make this out to be more impactful than it was?

Is this what being a woman felt like? Before this, I was just a lady. A girl who hit puberty. Now, I have a new label. It didn't feel that much different though. What the hell was Shania Twain singing about?

Some girl came and grabbed my plate from me and Vincent took me back upstairs.

"I'm going to go take a shower and go back to bed," I said, running a hand through my hair.

He nodded, wrapping his arm around my waist to pull me close enough to kiss my forehead, "okay, I'm pretty sure Dante's around if you need anything. I'll be out," he pecked my lips as I nodded.

I took a long shower. It was hot and felt amazing. I sat in my towel forever after I got out, not feeling like changing as I did my skincare routine. And when I was done, I laid in bed, in my towel, falling asleep again. People said younger ones needed more sleep, like babies, children, and teenagers. I completely agreed. I felt exhausted and I did basically nothing.

I didn't see Vincent again until the next afternoon when I was downstairs, getting a glass of water.

"So," Dante smiled, "how are you feeling, Alexis?"

"Fine," I answered, taking a sip of my drink.

"Really, Alexis? Do you not have anything to say to me, Alexis?"

I glared at him, "why are you saying my name like that?" I demanded.

"What do you mean, Alexis? Did Vinny fuck some of his attitude into you?" he teased and my mouth dropped open.

He told people? What the actual hell? Hold the fucking phone.

"He told you that?"

Dante shrugged, "I figured. You were both locked away in the room and there are hickeys all over your neck."

My face flushed as I adjusted my hair. I thought my hair covered it enough. My makeup didn't cover it that well. I was good at it, but I ran out of my color corrector, so I missed a part.

"Don't you have a death to cover up?" I shot back, irritated and referencing those people that got shot when we were at dinner.

"Aren't you bitchy?" he laughed.

That's when Vincent walked in.

"What did you say?" he questioned, walking over to me and sliding his arm around my waist. I blinked, looking up at him, shocked that he was being so blatant with his affection.